Arizona...
It is hot and hot and hotter....
We loved the Florida heat but this is blistering!
BUT...
Our kids are here and we will endure most anything to be with them...
Leaving Cedar in Monday morning...
The mountains were beautiful...
Going over the Hoover Dam used to be a terrible experience.
The traffic was horrendous..
The construction was endless...
BUT
The view was beautiful!
Lake Mead...
Formed behind the Hoover Dam.
Now to see the Dam you take a side road...
Take a bus...
and Travel down under controlled circumstances....
The bridge up and over all of it is all you see...
The cement barriers on either side prevent seeing anything at all...
The highway structure through here is a wonder in an of itself.
We got to Jim and Shaye's Monday afternoon...
Shaye wasn't eating anything getting ready for the big surgery...
Jim Stan and I took the boys and went to the park and had Subway sandwiches...
The boys pretty much wore themselves out playing...
They spent the night at their Aiono Grandparent's house...
The next morning Jim and Shaye left early for the hospital....
They didn't have surgery till after noon...
Shaye was withered into nothing.
During surgery we played the waiting game...
Jim learning how to use his new phone...
Stan studying, as was I for our SS lesson's...
After surgery...
The doctor came to us...
The Cyst was not what he thought it was...
It was different all together.
It was growing in the pancreas and couldn't be removed without some major complications...
But they did remove the infected Gall Bladder.
So they made this huge incision and spread her rib cage...
For a Gall Bladder operation?
Over kill.
The doctor was apologetic and rightfully so...
Poor girl anyway...
All this and the cyst it still there!
Not good.
Aiono's took care of the boys till Shaye came home...
Stan and I cleaned washed walked the dog and waited for word as to what to do.
We have had more one on one with the boys and it has been wonderful...
We took a room at the hotel we normally sleep at when we visit here.
We have been going over when Jim calls for our help.
Jim would take the boys for awhile each day while Shaye's mom would go over to the hospital.
We traveled some...
The new Gilbert Temple under construction.
This is what I wanted was time with these guys...
I would sit in the back seat with them...
They are so precious.
Shaye with her cute slippers and jammies Melissa sent...
some very much needed mommy time...
Conference...
This has been a spiritual feast.
What wonderful counsel they gave...
So uplifting.
The great news is...
The now 19 year old boys can go on their missions at 18 if they are done with school.
The now 21 year old girls can now go on missions at 19.
This will increase the missionary numbers significantly....
I was disappointed that it seemed to be over just after it started.
Jim was complaining that he didn't get his workout...
These little guys gave him just that...
Jim is down for the count...
Kedric and Sawyer won this match!
After the first night in the motel away from a recliner...
I knew I was in trouble...
Since I couldn't sleep...
I went on line and ordered a recliner...
It was delivered to Jim and Shaye's Tuesday....
This is a patio chair....
But so much better then a recliner...
it tilts back far enough that my feet are above my head...
This takes pressure off my tail bone...
I have had very few back spasms since sleeping on this chair.
It is a keeper for sure.
The big skies in Arizona remind us a lot of Florida...
But we certainly miss that humidity!
I'm a Mormon
I know it
I live it
I love it
( Ann Gibb)
1 comment:
Great blog as usual. Love seeing all the photos that you take. I pray for Shaye's recovery and for a solution to her pancreas problem.
Yes, conference was wonderful and I felt that it was just for me. How great is that. Heaven knows I needed it. The timing couldn't have been better.
My love to you and Stan and family.
Carole
Post a Comment