I wish my back looked this good....
I have had problems with my scoliosis in years past...
I found Pilates and for four years I didn't have any problems...
THEN..
My knee had problems and I couldn't exercise....
NOW the pain in my back is all the way to my ankle.
Usually it goes away in about 4 days...
BUT...
Four weeks went by and I realized Stan and I were going to help Jim and Shaye in Arizona in a week...
With the pain I was experiencing...
NO WAY...
I called Dr Clegg in Logan UT, leading orthopedic doctor for miles around...
He specialized in backs...
He couldn't see me till October 16...
OUCH!
They referred me over to the Specialty Clinic where Dr Garg (Indian decent) runs the pain management clinic...
He saw me Tuesday...
Thursday I went in after we did the temple in the morning in Twin Falls.
(That was a mad dash)
He gave me an injection into the nerve in my lower spine.
Next day...
Better but not good...
He told me to meet him Saturday at the Clinic...
He wanted to do another injection...
I said no...
I had to pack...
BUT...
Most of all I was to teach the Gospel Doctrine Class on Sunday...
I couldn't be loopy.
So it was home again with major pain pills till I can get back in two weeks.
I pray the Lord will bless me in this effort...
Stan is with me and he can help out a lot.
While we are in Arizona I will miss seeing Dani play volley ball...
Each week she gets better....
I love to visit the widows in Malta....
I do that weekly....
when...
I go over for games....
Visiting Teaching...
Back doctor...
Or...
Just go to visit them.
It is always such a highlight...
What great ladies they are...
I hope I can be like them when I grow up...
I haven't been able to get anything done in the yard...
It is time to start putting the gardens to bed for the winter...
No we haven't had a frost as of yet...
But it is sure to come...
Dani and Olivia helped out Friday night...
Then...
Saturday Chris girls came over....
They did in a mornings work what would take me 2-3 weeks.
What a blessing.
Things are so pretty...
Very seldom do we go this long without a frost.
The flowers are so bright and beautiful...
The ash trees are just starting to turn...
When we get back in two weeks it will be a lot different...
Dylan on Dutchess with Dani leading...
Chris and Jose have a lot of horses and they are trying to thin them out...
These two horses have been with a man who breaks them to ride.
They are both small and young but beautiful
Olivia looking on...
A cousin Brook on Gracie with Sierra leading...
Jose Stan and Jayden
Now that Reigan is in school these two don't get to play much...
Ross and Reigan are such good friends...
They can find fun just about anywhere...
This old cow tub makes a wonderful slide...
left to right...
Sierra Brooke Olivia Gracie Dani Dutchess and Dylan...
Dylan on Dutches with Dani leading...
Olivia...
Dani is so happy to have all these horses...
We also have Ruth's horse...
River...
She is an old lady and Dani will introduce them later...
It has been so dry in Juniper....
We get a tenth of an inch now and again...
But nothing that will allow us to plant...
Sunday and Monday we got some rain...
It was nice...
The morning sun was shinning into the rain...
What a beautiful site...
Maybe just maybe....
My lesson today was the crowning point of the Book of Mormon...
The Savior talking to the people as destruction and darkness was all around them..
How He must have loved them...
To comfort them at this time...
Then the Father introducing Him to the people...
Then of course His Ascension...
What a privilege it was to teach this lesson...
There is a quote I used....
When the Savior told them that the Law of Moses had been fulfilled in His sacrifice He then explained to them what their sacrifice would be now that they had the higher law....
What does it mean to offer a "broken heart and a contrite spirit?"
It involves an inner attitude that would bring about outward obedience to commandments and ordinances.--
Total dependence upon the Lord for Salvation and a willing submission to his laws.
President J. Reuben Clark Jr. said
"Under the new covenant that came with Christ,
the sinner must offer the sacrifice out of his own life,
not by offering the blood of some other creature;
he must give up his sins,
he must repent,
he himself must make the sacrifice."
Then Richard G. Scott told us how we can find the sins and weaknesses we need to work on...
I bear testimony that as you pray for guidance,
the Holy Ghost will help identify the personal changes you need to make for the full conversion.
The Lord can then bless you more abundantly.
Your faith in Him will be fortified,
your capacity to repent will increase,
and your power to consistently obey will be reinforced..."
No comments:
Post a Comment