Sunday, August 26, 2012

A week of healing and miracles...

My Knee...

My therapist said I can check in there next week...
BUT
My knee is good to go...
A little weak, but good.

SURGERY!
It is not a fun place to go...
It puts your organs to sleep...
So they have to learn how to function...
Then your brain being one of those organs...
sleeps on and on and on...
or
is it Senioritis getting worse....?????
hope not.

Back Pain
Because of the sclerosis in my back
I HAVE to exercise regularly.
Pilates is my choice.
The knee stopped that activity since May.
SOOOO.....
Just as the Therapist said you are good to go....





Old Lady With Back Pains Clipart by Dennis Cox
 Pain in my back...
 that radiated from my back through my hip and down my whole leg to my ankle.
NOOOOO!
With the world to catch up on....
I am an invalid once again.
 It was worse then a charlie horse all up and down my left side.
I have never really taken prescription pain medication...
BUT...
Friday night I did....
YES!
RELIEF!
I had a few hours when I could relax...
And sleep.

Miracle 1
Five years ago Becky asked if our family would participate in a 'temple month'.
Someone in the family would be in the temple everyday the temple was open.
Ruth took hold and organized it.
We started the day Joe left for Iraq...
August 14.
We have done that each year since.
This year Joie (aka Diana Jo) organized it.

Wednesday was Becky's day to go.
That was the last day she had with her kids before they started school.
She called to see if I would take it since I would be in Logan for therapy.

YES of course I would!

Then this hit and I wondered how I was going to do this.
I couldn't walk without being bent over.

Then the words...
Faith Proceeds the Miracle
Echoed through my mind and spirit.

could do this.

The hour and a half I was there I had no pain.
Afterwards...
I couldn't get around to shop so came home.

Miracle 2
Thursday Stan and I work in the temple.
Going to the temple as a patron is one thing...
But as an Officiator?

Would it be fair to go and not be any good to anyone?

Again.

Faith Proceeds the Miracle
Rang clearly through my whole being.
I did what I needed Wednesday...

I could do this.

He will sustain me.

We went.
Once again I was able to do miraculous things.
Not that my actions were miraculous...
I am just learning.
BUT...
 being able to function was miraculous.
I was asked to do some difficult things...
Stand for about two hours....
New things...
That took brain and concentration...

Miracle 3
Sunday Morning  I showered and prepared for church.
I went...
 and....
Yes I was more comfortable then trying to sit with a bum knee.

I can't express enough gratitude for the blessings and Miracles in my life.
 I am humbled by the Love Heavenly Father has for me...
Just a little ol' lady of not much consequence

Miracle 4
 The smoke is clearing and we can see the sun and the mountain once again...

.
I also want to express thanks for my beautiful family.
Their example and love are way above what I can comprehend.
Such goodness comes from them.
Their ability to show us...
 their parents...
 how the gospel is lived is...
Well...
Humbling.
Thanks 

No comments: