It is a balancing act...
It get the work done...
AND
Not aggravate my knee.
I have to make two trips to Logan for therapy...
Then...
One to Twin Falls for our temple assignment on Thursday...
This leave three days to do all the work.
I was chastised for working to much and not resting my knee.
SOOOOOO.
Tuesday when the peas were ready to pick I took a lawn chair to the garden...
I would pull some vines...
Pick them clean...
Then pull more vines.
I went out to the garden about 6:00 am
Chris's family got there an hour or so later.
We picked and picked and picked till we had
30 gallons of peas!
Starting at one end and looking down the four rows of peas.
As I turned around....what a beautiful sun rise.
More beautiful then the sun rise was Chris' family...
We picked....
and ate till 10:30
The sun was getting hot and it was a welcome reprieve to be in the house...
Chris and her girls had chores and their garden so they left for awhile.
About 4:30...
Jayden and Sierra came to help me pod the masses of peas...
Ben showed up and did his share of podding and eating...
Dani came as well and did a good share in the short time she had with us.
Chris Angie and Reigan came about six and stayed till eight...
I finished up about 1:00
Well...
I was in bed by one.
I finished podding the peas...
Cleaning up...
and making sure our peas were safe in the fridge...
Thirty gallons of podded peas reduced to
four and a half gallons.
(We got 15 very full quarts of peas...Saved some for fresh eating and cream peas and potatoes)
I love doing peas...
Most people don't enjoy it.
It is a tedious job.
It is a lot of work for so little payment.
BUT...
I love doing peas.
Friday morning I picked a gallon of green beans...
Crooknecks...
and some onions.
I love this time of year with all the veggies from the garden..
And fruit from the fruit stands.
Saturday I did bread...
AND some more shabiskas (sp)
I cleaned the house and washed.
I was good...
in all that I did ...
I rested...
I kept my leg elevated as I rested.
And did my therapy exercises.
My Exercises
I have made two and a half of these while having my foot elevated.
They are for my granddaughters.
Last Sunday late afternoon I went out to the patio to read the Ensign.
I started the water fall...
Not work...
Just plug in the pump.
And...
I enjoyed the hummingbirds.
The waterfall in action....
It sounds so soothing....
Last Sunday through the night...
We had thunder and lightening.
I went out on the porch and smelled smoke...
Close.
Stan went out to check at 2:30 AM.
Then it rained...
We were saved from a fire here...
BUT...
The other side of the mountain...
It was burning AGAIN.
Five years ago this mountain burned from the north end down...
Now this year it burned from the south end up.
Friday evening it looked like it would come over the top down into Pole Canyon...
AGAIN.
BUT...
It rained.
When it rains hard enough and long enough to get the ground under the trees wet.
Then we had a saving rain.
It was so beautiful.
We are so grateful for these types of miracles.
Coming from Logan Monday and Wednesday...
Driving from Snowville toward Juniper..
the smoke was so heavy I couldn't see Blackpine Mt...
or Juniper.
Driving from Twin Falls Thursday afternoon...
It looks like that fire is going to come right up over the top.
Gail Wight was out last Sunday night shooting skunks when the lightening hit.
He saw a fire by his place start up...
By himself...
He put it out.
We are so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord...
This Cedar Mountain has been spared again...
It is humbling in deed.
'Random Acts of Kindness'
Our daughter Mary and her family wondered how they could remember their loved ones who died five years ago.
As a family they decided that they would do...
'Random Acts of Kindness'.
Mary put that on her blog.
Since then she has sent it out on Face Book.
She has recorded stories of people having kindnesses done to them...
And others stories of kindnesses shared.
She has 400 'reports' of people participating in their families 'Random Acts of Kindness'
As parents we are proud of the Jarman family and their example.
Thank you Mary...
By sharing...
That kindness...
is spreading all around the world.
Paying it Forward also happens...
These we will perhaps never be able to count.
So go and do something good for someone...
Maybe try someone you don't particularly like.
That would truly be Christ like.
No comments:
Post a Comment