The days have been hot...
BUT...
There is the breeze, smell, feel of fall.
Unlike Spring where we have Summer and Winter fighting it out.
Autumn is a real feeling.
I feel the loss of children around all the time because of school.
The roads are not as busy.
Machinery becomes quiet.
Plans to 'put things away' for the season start rolling around in my head.
Peaches, garden produce, tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers, beans.
Yes...
The first of September...
Could have a frost any day.
I am not one to look forward to winter.
It is hard for me.
Yet...
Winter will come and I will survive.
The sun flowers and the pink tinge of the sedum are sure signs of fall.
We have had a weird experience with cukes this year.
the seeds we planted first turned out to be crook neck...these curly things and some regular cukes.
the second ones I planted won't go past the blossom stage.
Pumpkins need some frost, but I am not ready for that yet...

I don't think the tomatoes will make it this year...
This is what our corn patch looks like because of the skunks
they pull down the stocks and eat the corn.
Stan let River graze on the south east end of the corn.
River is one happy horse.
School starting....
Little Reigan can't be old enough to get on the bus...
Can she?
August 2012
The rain the past few days has been a miracle.
Beautiful
everything is so beautiful.
clouds threatening...
Rain with the sun shinning through...
when the Lord waters things are sooooo greeeeeeen
After Sunday's storm....
Rainbow...
As I was walking the rainbow was sucked right back up into the clouds...
Wonderfully amazing.
Chris took some of the same rainbow from her home...
On my walk I got to see the spectalular sunset
For Book Club this month we read this book
I highly reccommend it to everyone.
Even the kids of the family.

The sun flowers and the pink tinge of the sedum are sure signs of fall.
We have had a weird experience with cukes this year.
the seeds we planted first turned out to be crook neck...these curly things and some regular cukes.
the second ones I planted won't go past the blossom stage.
Pumpkins need some frost, but I am not ready for that yet...
I don't think the tomatoes will make it this year...
This is what our corn patch looks like because of the skunks
they pull down the stocks and eat the corn.
Stan let River graze on the south east end of the corn.
River is one happy horse.
School starting....
Little Reigan can't be old enough to get on the bus...
Can she?
August 2012
The rain the past few days has been a miracle.
Beautiful
everything is so beautiful.
clouds threatening...
Rain with the sun shinning through...
when the Lord waters things are sooooo greeeeeeen
After Sunday's storm....
Rainbow...
As I was walking the rainbow was sucked right back up into the clouds...
Wonderfully amazing.
Chris took some of the same rainbow from her home...
On my walk I got to see the spectalular sunset
For Book Club this month we read this book
I highly reccommend it to everyone.
Even the kids of the family.
Two men from opposite sides of society are brought together by an lady who is an angel.
The quote I love the most from this book is...
The Word says God don't give us credit for lovin the folks we want to love anywaty.
No,
He give us credit for loving the unlovable.
the perfect love of God don't come with no condition,
and that's the kind of love Miss Debbie showed the folks at the mission.
The quote I love the most from this book is...
The Word says God don't give us credit for lovin the folks we want to love anywaty.
No,
He give us credit for loving the unlovable.
the perfect love of God don't come with no condition,
and that's the kind of love Miss Debbie showed the folks at the mission.
Gwen Hurst gave a lesson in Relief Society today.
It was on temples.
My heart was so full...
It kept spilling over in my eyes.
I lead the music in RS.
I chose to sing 'I love to see the Temple'..
And...
'Families can be together Forever'.
I didn't want to sing the last one...
I fought it...
BUT...
it is what the Spirit directed me to sing.
I have been talking to myself all week.
I CAN do this...
I did it, but had to 'not' sing for most of the song so I could control my tears.
Sometimes it is so hard...
So Hard!
Okay...
So when Bryce (Nephew and second counselor in the bisopric) came up to me after Sunday School today and asked me to meet with the Bishop before Sacrament meeting...
I looked at him and said 'okay?'
The Bishop and Bryce sat and grinned at me.
Bishop...
You do the singing in Relief Society?
Me...
Yes.
Bishop...
You serve in the temple once a week?
Me...
Yes.
Bishop...
Well I have something else for you to do...
Me...
OH?
Bishop...
Yes...we would like you to team teach Gospel Doctrine.
Me...
I grabbed the desk...
I looked at Bryce...
'Did I hear him correctly?'
Bryce just smiled and nodded.
Me...
'That is way out of my league!'
Bishop...
No Sister Campbell, you are in that league.
Me...
I don't ever say no to a calling....BUTTTTTTT
We visited a little....
He then said he needed a definite "Yes' from me.
Me...
BUTTTTTTTT
Bishop...
I need a yes.
Me...
yes.
( He didn't even mention the fact that I visit three sisters in Malta by myself for VT)
Janis Warr is the other teacher and she is doing such a fantastic job.
I will go I will do...
Keeps ringing in my head...
Faith precedes the Miracle...
I CAN DO THIS....
I think.
Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier.
Pres. Monson


No comments:
Post a Comment