Sunday, August 5, 2012

45 years and counting....

 "Forty five years?"  he asked.
That's overwhelming...
We have a long way to go to get to Seventy five years!"
We'll just take it a year at a time...
Maybe we can be like Luana and Joe Barrett.
(Pictures by Dani Campbell)

August 1st was Wednesday...
Therapy!
SO..
We celebrated the next day.
Thursday we were in the temple together then...
went to dinner at a wonderful place we just discovered in Twin Falls.
Elevation 486.
It sits on the rim of the Snake River Gorge.
Breath taking...
There is a beautiful little park, look out point and Information center just off the highway.



Bridge and Highway that leads into Twin Falls...


 We found our way to the new restaurant from the information we gleaned form the Information Center.

 The actual elevation from the river bottom to the restaurant.
 Sculptures and art pieces outside the restaurant.

 We ate inside but this was our view...


I was set free at Therapy Monday...
The doctor checked my knee and said I could mow my lawn!
IF...
I did half at a time....
I mowed half Monday night...

the other half Tuesday morning...


Tuesday morning as the sun came up...







As a little girl I loved pine cones...
I didn't think I would see the day when the ground was literally covered with them...
Nostalgia....

Friday morning Chris' family came to pick the apricots...
Dani came later and helped as well.
 The tree was loaded this year...


 The trick was to pick them without mashing the flowers...
 Good Job Esquivel's
They got about 1 1/2 bushels to dry, bottle and make jam.
no one had eaten breakfast...
Melissa made these for us when my knee went down...
Shabishka?  Rolls with meat in them...
Yummmmm
Everyone had their fill and then some.
I made a lot of them before my knee surgery...
They made for a quick lunch...
or tp put in the lunch pail...
Worked for the harvest crew!
While they picked I attacked the wild rose bush by the pump house...
OR...
It attacked me!
Stan helped me with the really big old wood.
It hadn't been pruned in about three years.
There was a huge pile of poky branches...
The kids hauled those off as well as some lilac branches...
THEN...
It was time for a Creamie!
Gota have a creamie....

 The strawberries are gone from my garden wall...
But the gravel and sun flower are thriving.

 The garden this years is thriving.
 The crookneck plants right in the center corner by the corn...
I purchased cucumbers...
At least that is what I told the kid who got them for me.
They froze except for these two plants...
Glad all but two froze or we would have crooknecks coming out our ears.

The peas in front are almost ready to pick...
The guys have grazed there for the last week.

This summer Stan has been in his element...
In the mornings when grandsons or son Steve would listen...
He would read scriptures and expound...
This day Dani and Olivia came over...
Grandpa was telling them stories from his history...
They loved it.

Once again grandchildren and daughter gathered around their grandpa being taught...
He loves being with his grandchildren and teaching them.

Perhaps when we face our maker,
we will not be asked, 
"How many positions did you hold,"
but rather,
"How many people did you help?"

No comments: