Sunday, July 29, 2012

Harvest 2012 is officially over....

Wish I had pictures...
but...
Pictures or not...
July 28 2012 is the official ending of harvest.
It usually starts about now.
A very unusual year.
BUT...
As dry as it has been...
Harvest this year yielded more then it did last year.
That's right.
With all the moisture there was a lot of winter kill.
So there was more this year then last.
Not by much but it has been a miracle.
The Lord is mindful our our little farm supporting three families.

I haven't been home much this week...
With therapy twice and our temple assignment.

I love our temple assignment.
Our time went so quickly...
I hope someday we will be able to do more then one day.

Therapy Monday...
I was sent to the hospital to have an ultrasound for blood clots.
Negative, as I told them...
but they do have to cover their bases.

I did take some pictures of the yard.
I didn't pull any of the volunteer flowers...
I just wanted to see what would grow.
It has been quite a show...







We did get some rain this week.
Not much...
What I do in watering 24-6
The Lord can do in just a few little showers.
Amazing...

It has been so quiet this week.
No grandchildren here working for the farm.
I have Creamies in the freezer...
That brings a few in to say hi and ask for a creamie.
Saturday Stan took  seven of them to haul rocks off the field.
They worked really hard...
Especially little Reigan only five.
wish I had sent the camera with them...
that would have produced some fun pictures...
with all of them up in the loader with the rocks they were picking.

I had the stitches out of my knee and mobility is coming back
I have a ways to get to get full rotation because it has been bad since November of last year.

A good friend, Mark Herdon stopped in to say hi.
What a treat to see them.
I should have grabbed my camera.
BUT...
I was just getting home from therapy as they were leaving...
Not brains after a day in town.
He and his family are beautiful.
So good to see them

We also received two wedding invitations for missionaries we knew in Orland.
Life goes on and they look really good.
I have had some quiet time this week to actually ponder the scriptures I have been reading.

We all know the story of Lehi taking his family out of Jerusalem.
We all know the anguish Lamen and Lemuel gave their parents and younger brothers.

There were a few places that touched my heart.
One...
When Sariah questioned Lehi about being a visionary man and the chance her boys wouldn't come back after going back to Jerusalem for the brass plates.
 Lehi agreed with her in that he was a visionary man...
They are all safe because of that...
Then it said 'he comforted her'.  
That had to be such a tender moment.

Two...
When Lehi had his 'dream'.
I cannot imagine his anguish in seeing that his two oldest sons were not going to choose to follow the Lord.
He did talk to them about it...
He tried so hard.
The grief he and his wife must have felt.

Also this week...
Nick, our son (in law) who died five years ago...
Has a brother Spencer.
Spencer and his wife Amy were not even close to being active in the church five years ago.
In fact Amy wasn't even a member.
A year ago Spencer baptized Amy and his oldest child.
Just awhile ago they were all sealed together in the temple.
This last week Amy lost their baby being six months pregnant.
Trinity Michelle Weaver.
My heart breaks.
It isn't easy losing a child.
Parents should never have to go through that.
Yet...
It is part of our growth.
Nick Ruth and Audrey are on the otherside.
Little Trinity is in good hands.



No comments: