Most of the kids were gone from our reunion Saturday night....
Esther stayed to go to church with us...
Then faded into the afternoon sun.
The Woolston Kindle is still here though..
No one seems to know where it is...
Wish I had an incite as to where kindles hide.
Jim and Shaye Sawyer and Kedric stayed the week...
We didn't see much of them...
They stayed at Ben's.
When they were here I tried to be with them as much as possible.
Shaye Kedric Jim and Swayer.
Jim is our #10...
He calls himself our favorite son...
There are four others who would say the same...
All five sons are pretty special.
Sawyer and Kedric
In the newly painted sand box.
Shaye
Jim
'Hum...how does this thing work?"
The climbing tree now needs a ladder...
Sawyer climbed it...
Thinking he was so smart looked back as his folks and said...
"Ha Ha Ha"
Kedric just a oner runs like a rag doll.
He goes full bore...
his feet arms and body all going different directions...
how me manages to stay upright is a miracle to me...
Jim loves his boys and they love him...
He wrestles with them...
and cares for them right a long with Shaye...
She is such a patient mama with her three 'boys'.
That's right...
When ever you have boys there are bugs...
Sawyer called his parents to see the bug...
Kedric the maniac went right for it...
no fear.
Tuesday Tim came out to leave Nathan to sstay and work for a bit.
Mary is his mother...
She is #2 daughter.
Nathan would certainly call her #1
He is sixteen...
Quiet...
But what a sense of humor.
He is so much fun to have around..
Stan said today coming home from church...
"Nathan has found his nook here on the farm"
Becky showed up after her class reunion...
Sydney and Becky
(Didn't get Larry and Jordan)
It is funny how we sent them all home last week end...
They are all like boomerangs...
They just keep coming back home...
Thursday we went to the temple.
When we got back home Stan left and I was alone.
I thought it a good time to go over to see Melissa and make plans...
she was going to help me with a few things.
She was all alone...
Jim and Shaye had gone to the dairy to chore with the kids...
We walked through her garden and visited...
Then she came over to the house to get the big moose she made for the front porch...
The birds stole the string that was used for his tail and sign...
Well while she was here...
Slowly but surely kids started to arrive...
.Stan appeared...
Pretty soon the yard and sandbox were once again full..
Full of laughter visiting and a few bumps and scrapes...
Ben is 41 years old...
But he always seems to get treed by these two beautiful little girls...
Olivia and Sierra...
Really there is never a dull moment...
I have wondered when I should have surgery on my knee...
I don't know...
Poor poor knee...
Just be patient...
Stan has been showing the boys how to weed the fields on the old D6.
It goes slower and they can learn easier.
It is an open tractor so the dust settles into the eyes nose and down your neck...
Yes I gave him a little kiss good bye as I drove away.
I painted the inside of the washroom doors...
I painted the wash room floor...
Looking good!
I also got the outdoors done.
I will need to tweak some before the RS dinner/Book Club Tuesday night.
Jayden came over and helped me one whole day...
She cleaned the basement...
The bathroom closet door
and so many trips around...
down stars and around the house and yard.
Any steps I can save my knee the better.
Dani did the same thing.
She helped me start the water falls again..
She helped me clean the kitchen cupboards out while I was making soup and two batches of soup.
Sierra and Jayden moved many wheel barrows of the rich potting soil that is under the cedar trees...
to the flower bed on the east corner of the house.
I am so grateful for these girls,
and boys,
who are so willing to help me out.
While we were in the temple Thursday we could smell rain...
It smelled so good.
When we got out there was a little puddle left.
On the way home we could see the storms over the Jim Sage mountains...
Clear Creek Mountains....
And Black Pine...
Beautiful..
Black Pine
Clear Creek
Black Pine...
Jim Sage...
We even got some water on our windshield...
Saturday afternoon it clouded up and we had some thunder and lightening...
A very scary thing as dry as it is...
BUT...
It rained hard enough it didn't start any fires...
except...
Down by the mine there is a fire going right now.
There was a lot of whipped cream left over in my fridge after the reunion...
Melissa made an Oreo desert and came over after dinner Sunday and used some of it..
OF COURSE...
Ben always has to see if he can whoop up on his little brothers.
There is a 11 year gap between Ben and Jim.
So they had a push up contest.
It started with Dylan...
He did 20 push ups...
TWICE.
Go Dylan! (eight years old)
Ross only four did twenty as well...
He had a break between the two 10's
Ben did 86 push ups...(41 years old)
While Jim was warming up Sawyer did a few...he is two
Jim couldn't let Ben beat him...
He did 86 as well and he is 30
It took him awhile but Nate got into the action...
He did 15...he is 16
We can spend our days bemoaning our losses,
or we can grow from them.
Ultimately the choice is our.
We can be victims of circumstance
or masters of our own fate,
but make no mistake,
we cannot be both.
No comments:
Post a Comment