Esther and her crew were here another week.
When they left this morning...
I felt a real tug at my heart.
It was so good to have the kids here for that long and really get to know them again.
Esther always wants projects...
So it isn't difficult to find them...
She and her dad put their heads together and created the most beautiful wishing well roof ever.
I have only waited 15 years for this...
Esther loves to build things...
But she had some questions...
Stan loves building as well...
So two good heads are always better then one...
She teaches math in high school...
Between the two of them...
They took this plain old pile of rocks flower pot...
And turned it into...
A real live wishing well...
Esther and the wishing well...
I organized the grandchildren...
They moved the pile of rocks that were in that spot in the picture above...
Over to where they put the wood in an earlier project.
Angie and Jayden had Sierra Reigan and Soni working to help move all the clippings from the yard up into the trees to the washes where they will stop water in case of a gully washer.
the rest Jayden pitched up into the burning pit and in front. Now we can walk through and get around.
looking good...
this made room for Beth and Trevor to set up their tent later in the week.
I finished painting the outside doors and the inside of the front room door.
Wash roon door...
Inside front door...
Pump house door...
AND...
Dani and Eve finished the sandbox...
Then I wanted the old chimney...now covered with sheet rock...
Painted for family pictures...
Of course Esther painted it for me...
I couldn't get up on the ladder to tape and paint...
It turned out much better then what I expected!
The Garage was the last strong hold...
It has been the dumping ground for everything in the house and yard we didn't know what to do with...
We put everything that goes to DI or one of the kids in a quarter of the garage...
And fill the pickup with a ton of stuff for the dumpsters...
We can now walk through without risking our lives...
Still a lot of work to do but hey...
Rome wasn't built in a day...
We can walk through...
Grandchildren were ever present during all our projects...
They wanted a picnic in their 'hut' they built in the trees...
BUT..
The wind was way to strong to eat outside...
I grabbed the old shower curtain we were using for a paint drop...
spread it out...
Voila!
Instant picnic...
Soni said...
"But there isn't any sun!"
So I turned on one of my new light fixtures and...
They had Sun...
Bingham and Ross crashed their party...
But it was fun anyway...
Bingham Reigan Soni Ross Olivia and Sierra...
These three are always entertaining...
They were tired and crashed on the rug...
They had been working hard on their 'hut' or Club house or...
'ub ouse as Ross calls it.
Olivia turned 10 on Tuesday...
She went to town with her mom and friend/cousin...
And went roller blading.
Melissa picked up some pizza on the way home and a cake...
She called to see if we wanted to join them...
We were so thankful because we had been cleaning the garage and didn't have any dinner ready...
Pizza Ice cream and cake...
Who could turn that down!
Soni Olivia Brooke
Waiting for the candles to be lit!
Eve and Dani decorated while Olivia was in town...
Becky and Syd came out Thursday and put up a tent in Ben's yard...
Calling Larry...
Maybe he could help...
I'll hold it you push with your foot...
While I was watching the tent project I took this of the Black Pine Mountain...
Beautiful!
Are you sure that is the way it goes?
FINISHED!
Hers wasn't the only one...
Tim and Mary's Palace..
Beth and Trevor's looked the same...
Only out on the other side of the pond.
These little ones are just too cute...
Family means barbacue...
My nice remade barbecue did up a few dinners...
Jim and Shay came with Sawyer and Kedric...
food tastes so much better with family...
Austin and Dylan are always a tornado in the middle of all our gatherings...
Mary and Tim made it up with three of their five kids.
These beautiful young women are a joy to have around...
Dani Joie Eve Gabby
(Eve and Dani Angie and Jayden went with the young women with Ben and Melissa driving, to the Manti Pagent Wednesday and Thursday. They has fun and it was a testimony builder.
Jim with Kedric...
Cars and people everywhere...
Jeran entertaining as normal...
Jim and Kedric...
Steve and Ben after a hard day on the farm...
The boys were playing soccor and the ball kept going under the car and they couldn't get it out...
So they lined up the rocks to stop the ball.
Smart!
Contest!
I had a Disney T shirt to give away to anyone who could...
Name all of our children (12 names)
Christene --Mary -- Sarah -- Beth -- Ben --Becky-- Esther-- Ruth--Joe--Steve--Jim--Mike
Name all of Stan's siblings (11 Names)
Gaylon--Dorothy--Ron--Stan--Eric--Evan--Bruce--Ruby--Paul--Wayne--Jean Marie
Name my Siblings (6 names)
Jan--David--Diana--Cynthia--Jim--Patti...
The winner was Diana Jo AKA Joie...
It was a good program to get the kids to know their family.
We all went up Pole Canyon Friday night...
That was fun...
For so many years I was the one to pack things up to have picnics and camp outs up the canyon...
From the ages of nine to twelve I took our girls up the canyon with their friends for a camp outs each summer.
Some summers I had up to four campouts with girls.
It was so much fun...
BUT a lot of work...
This time I just sat and watched as the girls put things in action...
I didn't prepare any food...
I didn't set up anything in the canyon...
I didn't take care of anything when we got home.
It was all them.
I actually enjoyed my time with my family up the canyon.
I didn't take my camera which I am so sorry about...
I have pictures some where on my computer downloaded from Beth's camera...
But where they are who knows?
Saturday morning...
After scriptures and prayer...
Stan always tried hard to get everyone together.
This is a site that we tried to disolve...
Boys and the computers is not a good full time activity.
Bingham is focused because his two side kicks are gone...
Esther fixed most meals did most dishes and any thing else that needed done.
Lunch was everyone for themselves...
The girls always had something constructive...
Beth organized the project to make 100 angel bags...
I cut all the labels and Soni sorted them...
The girls and some boys put them together...
The angel bags are part of Tawny's projects for the soldiers...
or on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TLCPix
Visit www.projectrudolph.org or www.projecttlcserves.org where you can view my charities in one
location.
We have a few birthdays in the summer... especially June.
Megan Sarah Beth Jim Tim Jose Sierra Isaiah Trevor Olivia Ben Ruth
Shaye Nathan Tawny
Gabby Jeran Claire Bradon Natalie Phil
Esther's husband made it up for a few days...
It was good to see him..
Michelle Austin Esther...
It was good to have Mike and Michell show up Saturday evening for a few hours...
Mike..
I save up the Sirloin steaks for a summer steak fry...
I marinate them and Ben cooks them...
Lots of good food family and fun.
It was wonderful to eat on the patio...
No birds poop or birds diving on us.
We usually go over to the big picnic table...
This was nice...
Any more people and we would have had to move to the larger space.
In all the comings and goings Stan and I did our temple assignment Thursday...
That is going to prove to be a Celestial experience.
Our good friend Barbara Gardner died this week.
Hearts were very heavy today in church.
We all expected her husband Goldie to go first...
He has Parkinson's and some dementia.
they have a large family and they were visiting last week.
so glad they had that time with Mom and Grandma before she passed.
My uncle Bob also passed away this week.
He had really poor health.
I am so grateful that we were able to visit with him before he died.
Uncle Bob and wife Louise.
At the close of our Reunion week...
Dad and I really enjoyed having family here...
BUT...
After spending two years alone on our mission...
This was a bit overwhelming...
I think that the family will probably find another spot for the reunion...
which isn't our home base.
Stan and I can come and go like his parents did with their family reunions.
It is time for a change...
May it be our resolve this year
to build a gospel-centered home,
a safe harbor from the storms of the adversary.
(L. Tom Perry The importance of Family 2003 conference)
1 comment:
Loved the pictures--good memories for all of us this weekend. And the hunt for another great reunion spot is on. : ) Thanks for capturing it all.
Post a Comment