There are still so many things to be done...
but...
What we have accomplished so far has given us a sense of belonging.
Today I didn't just clean a space...
BUT...
I cleaned the house...
It took a long time...
Trying to find my groove.
But...
Saturday cleaning felt really really really good.
(I cleaned enough of dad's office we can walk into it now!
There is still A LOT to do, but it is happening.)
Monday
I got Soni's baptism dress cut out.
Chris came down and we started cleaning the fruit room...
What a mess!
We cleared vacuumed and scrubbed the right side...
Then we cut the contact paper to cover the shelves.
These shelves were made when the house was built.
I have never had everything off to clean them.
Now with the contact paper they will be so much easier to clean.
I just had a lot of odds and ends of contact paper...
I get teased about my use of contact paper...
But in my day cupboards and drawers were rough and contact paper made it easier to clean.
It also was a wonderful cover for my outside benches each year to give them a fresh look.
Stan needed both cars in Logan Monday evening...
He went in to stay with his mom Monday evening
and...
made appointments for both cars.
and...
made appointments for both cars.
So I went in and did some shopping then spent a wonderful night with Neilson's.
Lucky for me Sydney's baptism dress needed to be mended.
I brought it home and it has been a nice visual aid while I sew Soni's dress.
Becky can handle a spread sheet and can handle herself very well in a board room-
She is a wonderful mom and wife...
BUT...
she cannot handle a needle and thread.
She did instruct Sydney in sewing a couple pair of PJ bottoms.
They are wonderfully done.
Good going Syd.
(and Becky/Larry)
Soni's dress at the end of the week!
Soni's dress at the end of the week!
It is going to be a sweet dress!
While we were in Logan Monday and Tuesday we needed to give Becky the farm bills...
We met her at CSI. (Campbell Scientific Incorporated)
She was on her way over to Building 4 to get some signatures.
We went with her and in the parking lot in front of all the buildings was this massive solar panel.
Becky said it is the biggest panel this side of the Mississippi!
Inside Wayne, Stan's brother, keeps track of all the heating data...
There is also a big 'tank' where they store extra heat when it isn't being used.
Impressive.
In the back ground is the very impressive new building...
Becky took us on a tour.
Stan kept meeting his brothers whom he hasn't seen in two years...
As well as friends who have worked there for years.
This is quite the complex...
Considering Eric and Evan started in their family home...
In the basement.
That afternoon we finished up with the car appointments and I headed home.
While we were in Logan Monday and Tuesday we needed to give Becky the farm bills...
We met her at CSI. (Campbell Scientific Incorporated)
She was on her way over to Building 4 to get some signatures.
We went with her and in the parking lot in front of all the buildings was this massive solar panel.
Becky said it is the biggest panel this side of the Mississippi!
Inside Wayne, Stan's brother, keeps track of all the heating data...
There is also a big 'tank' where they store extra heat when it isn't being used.
Impressive.
In the back ground is the very impressive new building...
Becky took us on a tour.
Stan kept meeting his brothers whom he hasn't seen in two years...
As well as friends who have worked there for years.
This is quite the complex...
Considering Eric and Evan started in their family home...
In the basement.
That afternoon we finished up with the car appointments and I headed home.
Chris came down and helped me put the contact paper on the shelves...
The kids came home from school and made light work...
of putting everything from the left side to the right side.
of putting everything from the left side to the right side.
Wednesday morning I vacuumed and scrubbed the left shelves.
I then went to the Chiropractor! (in Burley)
Oh I wish he lived closer.
Thursday morning I went back to Logan...
The correction in my left eye is so bad that they had to double check their calculations.
I left early enough to do a temple session.
It is so wonderful to be in the Logan Temple.
I then had to take out my contacts for two hours before the doctor took the new calculations.
I had a restful time reading a book on my iPad.
I can make the words big so I can read without my contacts.
Friday I got to say home.
Chris came and we finished the fruit room...
AND...
The storage room!
We had the girls...
Angie - Jayden - Sierra - and Reigan...
who are out on spring break!
who are out on spring break!
They made light work of all that had to be done.
By late afternoon we had both rooms finished.
Stan added some shelves at the end of the fruit room.
A lot of empty space...
We opted not to paper the shelves in the storage room...
Now I wish we would have done it.
Steve was hurting for a hair cut...
He usually cuts his own hair...
But works here three nights and four days...
Pocatello four nights and three days with his family.
AND
He is always bailing us out with all our electronics!
AND
He is always bailing us out with all our electronics!
He really needs help with some things.
It is good to see Steve again!
Stan finally got a hair cut...
He hasn't had one since we left Florida!
Stan finally got a hair cut...
He hasn't had one since we left Florida!
It has been 4 1/2 years since that dreadful day...
The day Ruth Nick and Audrey went home to our Heavenly Father.
Even that long and I still have a twinge in my 'gut'...
As I approach this spot on the highway.
It is such a beautiful place...
But here it is...
The knot just does not go away!
Our new rugs were delivered Friday afternoon.
So..
Saturday as I clean the house...
Saturday as I clean the house...
Stan helped me get them in a laid out.
It really makes our home...
feel...
Homey!
Dani found herself at home alone Saturday.
She came over and I gave her a very very very dirty job.
The Patio.
I had piled all the things I used out and around the yard...
On the patio while we were gone for two years...
On a mission.
On the patio while we were gone for two years...
On a mission.
The birds had built nests and pooped...
Leaves were everywhere...
The window wells were disgusting.
This beautiful little 12 year old young woman...
Didn't even bat an eye...
She looked right at me and said sure...
Then she dug in!
This area above was full of all the stuff below.
Spiders...
Bugs...
Bird poop...
Dust...
Leaves...
She did it!
Without me to direct her.
Later...
Without me to direct her.
Later...
We got things set out in the yard...
and other things put back on the patio.
But the patio is clean.
And...
The walls of the patio are clean!
She took the big push broom and scrubbed while I squirted the hose.
CLEAN!
Stan and I were able to work outside this afternoon...
With the children.
With the children.
It was beautiful.
It felt so natural...
Yet so...
weird.
We are home.
We love where we are right now.
Sunday evening we had Home Teacher!
So nice to be looked after!
Bill Nelson and Doug Crippen.
Will is married again...
They are going through the temple in October!
I need to say how grateful I am for such a wonderful companion.
He is a great help when we need some physical strength.
He is one tough guy.
But his spiritual strength...
That is what I love most about this guy...
most of you call...
Dad.
The most important of the
Lord's work you will ever
do will be within the walls of
your own homes.'
(President Harold B. Lee)
Sunday evening we had Home Teacher!
So nice to be looked after!
Bill Nelson and Doug Crippen.
Will is married again...
They are going through the temple in October!
I need to say how grateful I am for such a wonderful companion.
He is a great help when we need some physical strength.
He is one tough guy.
But his spiritual strength...
That is what I love most about this guy...
most of you call...
Dad.
The most important of the
Lord's work you will ever
do will be within the walls of
your own homes.'
(President Harold B. Lee)

No comments:
Post a Comment