Sunday, March 4, 2012

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, courage is that quiet voice that says...I will try again tomorrow."

I know I said I was done...
But this will be for those who search us out.
I will not send them out like I used to do.

It has taken a lot of courage to pick up life and start back where we were...
BUT...
We aren't were we were..
We feel so different.
Things look different..
Things feel different...
We are different!

This is what most of the week looked like...
 To say we are cold is an understatement...
 BUT...
The snow is beautiful...
yes...
I can say beautiful...

 When we went to Logan in a storm...
I was concerned...
BUT...
I think I could have done it if I had to.
It wasn't as bad as some I have driven in.

Between the middle of January and the first week of February...
The Neilson's...
Becky Larry Jordan and Sydney...
 have their birthdays.
 Tradition is we take them out to dinner.
So that is what we did.
Texas Roadhouse was good to allow us being late...
Since we weren't home this year when their birthdays were happening.
Becky got in the saddle...
And the crew led their little chant putting in all four names as they went...
Impressive...
 Rebekah Neilson...looking the part for their family.

We got new bar stools.
Because of the hardwood floor we had to put pads on the legs.
Our grandson Braden (Beth and Trevor's son) did that for us.
BUT...
We only had big pads so he and Dylan (Ben and Melissa's boy) cut them down.
When Melissa came over...
 she being the creative one in the family...
Made good use of the cuttings.
 Dylan, now eight...with the cuttings from the chair pads.

This week I also attempted to make bread again...
What a horrendous job!
I had to find everything...
Remember how to use equipment...
Because my recipe is gone.
I used Melissa's and Esther's...
I learned that a convection oven isn't the best for cooking bread...
It collapsed..
got dimples...
and was dense.
Next recipe worked with the oven just on bake.
That helped me to feel a little better!
Maybe I haven't lost it after all.

Friday through Saturday night was one big party!
Beth's little Edward (middle) turned 2 March 1st
Dylan turned 8 March 1st 
she made a  John Deere tractor for them...
Sorry no picture...
shucks.
 Beth Grandpa Trevor Sydney Larry
Eddie in the middle.
 Grandpa and Trevor
 Mary's birthday is March 8th and her hubby Tim is going out of town.
Since Mary helps our family so much Beth gave her a surprise party Saturday.
Above Larry's elbow Megan Jeran and Trevor with Braden's ear.
 Adrienne Joie (aka Diana Jo) Nathan Steve? Chris Ross and Angie
Angie Beth Mary and   Dani's pony tail.
 Ben looking silly, Dani Melissa Becky...
We really are having fun...
 Mary Joie Natalie with Claire

Since we had seven of our children here...
Becky thought it would be good to have a picture on our front porch...
That is where our very last picture of our family was when we were ALL together...
Before Joe left for his mission.
(Ruth Nick and Audrey were also with us this weekend...for sure!)
 Getting us all together is no easy task...
And then to get them to all look at the camera at the same time
IMPOSSIBLE!
 Mike #12 Steve #10 Ben # 5 Mary # 2 Becky #6
Back: Chris #1 Beth (twin) #4
Of course Stan and Diana




Three of our beautiful daughters-in law...
Daughters for real!
Natalie with Clair (Steve's wife)...Michelle (Mike's wife)...Melissa (Ben's wife)
 Trevor our computer guru looking especially serious...
Beth's husband.
 Larry Becky's  husband...
AND...
General contractor to all the beautiful remodel that went on in our home.
Jose (Chris' husband) is trucking, Tim (Mary's husband) evaded the camera.

 Always eating...
Adrienne Joie Jordan and Gabby
Nathan is in the back ground


 My iPad was in constant use...
Sydney and Megan.
 Reigan and Claire with her daddy Steve
My computer was always in use as well...
Jordan Gabby Adrienne...
 Michelle Joie? Gabby Stan and Adrienne...
 Mike and Michelle
Our baby who is going to be 28 this year...
Where have all the years gone?
We love Michelle and are grateful she brings such joy into Mike's life.

 Everyone who didn't sign our 'Mission Banner' when we got home is doing it now...
It is the missionary sign...
We are a missionary family...
and everyone is signing up...
Becky said she is going to send it to Elder Holland...
Maybe just a picture.
Becky Larry Chris and Mary is holding the marker in front.

The big draw for this weekend was...
 Dylan...
Stan and I are reporting next week...
But we wanted the family to support Dylan's baptism.
That is what they did!
 Melissa Dylan and Ben...
Ben baptized and Confirmed Dylan.
This was a beautiful time.
The spirit was strong.
Dylan is a sweet guy.
A lot of people love him.

I found my room this week.
We are still struggling without the constant spiritual high.
Our focus is so different...
There is nothing like a mission...
The trick is to carry that spirit over into real life.
It takes courage to be strong...
To get up each day with the determination to do all you can...
To remember the Lord...
To keep His commandments...
And to take His name upon ourselves.

His Promise if we do that?

TO ALWAYS HAVE HIS SPIRIT TO BE WITH US.

No comments: