As we have been struggling with getting into the real world...
And getting our home back in order...
And dealing with outside influences pulling us away from where we want;
I think...
Decisions do determine our Destinies.
What is important?
I had a day in town with my oldest daughter Chris...
Her oldest daughter Angie and youngest Reigan.
A perfect day.
I have had time with Stan and his brother Ron and wife Mary Jean.
We went to the temple with them.
What a wonderful day.
Back at the Logan Temple...
Our favorite of course.
Then to have Ron and Jeannie with us made it perfect.
Saturday when if felt I was floundering.
In walks my beautiful daughter in law Melissa and her family.
They helped with some baking...
Came back and dug in and washed some VERY dirty windows.
Oh what a beautiful vision of the mountains now that we can see out of the windows!
Family...Temples...Love
All good decisions.
Today, Sunday March 11 Stan and I reported our mission.
Neither of us had much time to really 'prepare' any remarks.
BUT...
We have had two years to prepare and think about that Decision to serve the Lord.
So we got up and spoke from the heart, and the Spirit was there with both of us.
From the comments I think we did okay.
The bishop stood and offered a few comments then handed us our 'plaque'.
These plaques are made by Brother Wilson of our ward.
(For those who remember Cam Bell, it is his step father)
Two years ago March 12 we walked out of the MTC (Mission Training Center) and started on our Journey.
Our Decision to go on a mission has made all the difference in our lives.
Was it fun?
YES
Was it hard?
OH YES!
Was it discouraging?
YOU BET!
Would we do it again.
Of course!
Decisions Determine Destinies.
This decision has made all the difference in our lives!
Some of the sunsets coming home from Logan.
2 comments:
I'm glad you're continuing to blog. Whenever I know the family is getting together, I try not to think about it or it makes me too homesick, but I couldn't help it and my thoughts and prayers were with you this weekend. Looks like a great time for all. sorry I missed it.
Cool that you posted again. I was sad not to be there, but there was no way to make it work. I hate times like that. We missed you.
Post a Comment