As dry farmers we depend on the winter snow pack...
That snow pack does many things...
It lays a blanket on the earth...
In this blanket is life giving water.
If the blanket is thick enough...
It will draw the frost out of the ground...
Allowing the snow to melt and be absorbed by the earth...
We now have a blanket that is thick enough.
Our prayers have been answered.
Last year was so dry...
We were drawing on the reserves from the previous two winters.
If this had been a dry winter...
The Lord has been so good to us.
We depend so much on His gentle mercies.
My heart is full.
We are an obscure little valley.
So many are in such desperate need of His love and help.
Yet...
There is proof all around us...
That we matter in his eyes.
It was easier to push all the snow to the bottom of the driveway...
instead of throwing up on the banks.
The snow blower can chew it up and spit it out in minutes.
This is one tough wishing well.
Glad Esther and Stan had the foresite to build it strong.
Ben and Max against the bank of snow...
there are two pickups there...
Max
That is a full size barrel under all that snow.
The picnic table and sand box are out there somwhere
The path from the garage out to the road...
Ben is in the snow blower...
He is chewing up that bank of snow they pushed to the bottom of the driveway.
While in the temple Thursday...
I felt that I should be doing sessions as a patron...
That used to be my weekly pattern.
BUT...
Since we have been home from our mission...
our temple attendance has been hit and miss.
We work as officiators...
BUT...
Seldom do any work for the dead oursleves.
Friday I planned on going to Logan to do some endowment sessions.
It was Grandpa Sanford's birthday and I thought I could visit Stan's mom.
BUT...
I kept having the prompting that I should go to Brigham City.
That made no sense to me.
Even as I left for the temple I was skeptical.
BUT...
The feeling was strong...
I tried calling to reserve a seat...
No answer.
What to do?
The prompting was still the same.
So I went...
I arrived at 8:30 AM
I was told the next session 9:30 was full.
I could do initiatory work and then check later.
So I proceeded to do just that.
I changed my clothes and did just that.
The sister officiator called down for me...
There was a seat for me after all.
I quickly changed went downstairs to get a reservation card...
Back up and into the session...
At the Veil....
Stan's cousin Hunter Barrus took me through...
What a moving experience.
To get in the next session 12:30 I once again had to wait.
I changed and did intiatory work...
Janice Barrus was an officiator there.
Could it get any better then this?
The officiator called down there was a seat for me...
I changed...
Went downstairs and got a reservation card...
Back up and did the session.
In the process of hurrying to the second session the envelope I keep all the name cards in fell from my pocket.
Sylvia Grush gave me these names...
There were over twenty names in the envelope.
After the session I looked upstairs and down...
Everyone told me to look somewhere else.
I didn't panic...
I knew it was in the temple...
As I was visiting with a sister...
Another sister walked by with a clip board and on the back of the clip board she was holding my envelope!
The stars had to align for that moment.
As we visited about it...
it was nothing more than a miracle.
The conversation I had with this sister also taught me some valuable lessons that are very personal.
That is the reason I was to go to that temple.
I wouldn't have been able to learn these things anywhere else.
The lessons learned will be with me forever!
It is a beautiful temple inside and out...
the spirit there is awe-inspiring.
I am so grateful for that experience...
I give thanks to our Heavenly Father for that moment in time.
It has been a year since we left the Florida Orlando Mission.
February 1, 2012.
February 1, 2012.
A Juniper winter sunset...
Peace!
God is not a fad but a way of life.
We need to know the Savior...
to gain the faith it takes...
to be his.
No comments:
Post a Comment