Sunday, January 27, 2013

Time for change

There comes a time for change...

We blogged our two year mission...

Home coming...

Reentry into the 'Family World'...

It has been fun...

We enjoy looking back at what we have done this year...

The fun..

The Trials...

The changes..

I will make entries...

But they won't be as regular...

Check in once in a while if you want...

The passing of many friends...

and Family...

Has changed my direction...

I have numerous thoughts and feelings...

A place to record those is what I want to do...

BUT...
For this week... 

 We started back at the temple this week...
There was freezing ice...
Burrrrr.

Michelle's birthday was January 15...
Stan and I took her and Mike to lunch at the River Rock Grill.
It was good to visit with them...
They both look really good...
Forgot to take a picture.

It was time to take care of the year end projects...
I collected all our tax important receipts etc...
and filed them in a two gallon Zip Lock bag with 2012 on it...
Very simple filing system.

I record a journal daily...
Nothing much...
But...
it dose serve as a reference...
When we can't remember how something happened...
I can refer back to what my perspective was...
We were married in 1967
But I didn't really start a journal till 1971.
It was by hand in a note book...
I did transfer them to type written when we acquired a computer...

I also keep letters and memorabilia from friends and family. 

It is kind of a history of our family and friends in a very loose way.




2012 Journal and memorabilia


I love the scriptures...
I love the feeling I get when I read them...
I am so grateful for my calling as Gospel Doctrine Teacher...
It is humbling...
I also wonder 'why me'?
I feel so selfish...
I learn so much more than what I give...


Our weather has gone from Extremely cold...
To quite warm and balmy...
This caused the snow in the roof to melt and drop...
Stan shoveled I believe three times Saturday...
this is almost midnight...

Through the night we had another 5-6 inches of snow...
The picture below is what Stan had cleared the night before...






We had a snow day from church today...
It has been quiet...
We are together...
That doesn't happen much.

This week Mary sent a message from by Elder F. Enzio Busche .
It is a video created to go along with his talk in 1997
I will leave the link here as my thought this week.

We are never to old, or knowledgeable to be able to:

'Unleash the Dormant Spirit in us"

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAjZ8mfoYw&feature=youtu.be        

No comments: