Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Spiritual Journey....

From the time I can remember...
I have always found great joy in communicating with Heavenly Father...
As a little girl...
and there were problems in our home...
it would disturb me...
I would lay awake at night...
Talking to the Lord.
When my brother was taken away to Utah...
When my parents didn't get a long
When my dad died...
Heavy things for a little girl.
YET...
I always found peace in my little girl visit with 'MY' Father in Heaven.

As I grew up I recognized these visits as prayer.
It was important to me...
I didn't always make choices that were correct.
Yet I could visit with my friend.

As I went off to college those prayers became a two way street.
I found that Heavenly Father would answer my prayers.

I gained a witness that the Gospel was true...
The Book of Mormon was true...
I gained my testimony.

Then it became conversations...
Not to frequently but often enough that I knew He loved me.

As I had our children...
I had 'feelings'
'thoughts'
'dreams'...

When I had some of my darkest moments...
I could turn to Him...
He was always there.
I would find myself in the temple...
There receiving strength to push forward...
To know that all would be 'okay'.

These moments have become a greater source of strength to me.
I know His voice...
I know when He is near...
I know He hears me...
What a beautiful sensation.

I have been called as Gospel Doctrine teacher.
Something "I" could not do...
He has allowed the spirit to attend me...
Teach me..
then teach the class.

This week and next are lessons on Revelation.
Today...
How do we prepare for revelation.
Next week...
How do we receive revelation.

I have been on a spiritual journey...
I have been preparing for three weeks.
It has been a schooling from above.
I have had moments of communication that have
Chastised me...
Praised me..
Taught me...
Directed me...
Comforted me...
All of which have been direct communication with the Lord through the Spirit.

How grateful I am for these choice moments.
To be worthy of this is something I will never take for granted. 

I give thanks for the restoration of revelation.
I give thanks for a Loving Heavenly Father...
Who allows us to communicate with Him on a personal basis.

I would be nothing with out HIM.

=============================

This week...
We are preparing the back office to be refinished.
I could not do this without the help of my GRANDchildren.
They took books off shelves and helped me pack them...
They helped Stan move all the furniture out...

 Books and Shelves down...

 Angie and Jayden assisting their Grandpa


 I suggested they move the desk out the front door.
No one listened...
Angie convinced Grandpa to allow her 'mathematical' skills...
in deciding the direction for the desk to go down the stairs...
When that didn't work...
Grandpa patiently asked...
'Should we do it my way?'
Giggling she and Jayden followed his lead...

 About here Grandpa said...
'When this comes back up it will be through the front door!'
Hummmm....
 Emty...
Not going to miss that 40 year old carpet...
 Outlet covers had to be taken down as well as the old worn out curtains
 well deserved moment of rest...
 the mess in the house and bedrooms...
Took almost as long to clean up as the room itself.
 I am sharing my room with my office...
The sewing machine is tucked away...
Hope no one needs me to sew for a few weeks.



The way to revelation is righteousness.
We cannot have the companionship of the Holy Ghost
the medium of the individual revelation--
if we are in transgression...
or...
if we are angry...
or
if we are in rebellion against God's chosen authorities.
Dallin H. Oaks

No comments: