Sunday, November 6, 2011

Zone Gone--Zone Conference--New Couples and Florida...MIRACLES and Death

The one thing you can count on in the church is CHANGE...

Names not in order of picture...
Elders Matthews and Schmeil White Shaffer Newsom Wallace Larsen Edwards Dean Wood Snyder Perrotti Owens  Ho Ching Fuluvaka Farshall Brough Machado Moultrie
Sisters Holladay Worwood Perry Spjut and  Packard
In front President and Sister Hall Elder and Sister Anderson and Elder and Sister Burns
Our most southerly Zone...
Stuart...
Is now in the Ft Lauderdale Mission.
Ft. Lauderdale has broken ground for a new temple...
Like the Declo Stake (Zone)
When the Twin Falls temple was being built..
we were moved from the Pocatello Mission...
to the Boise Mission.

With the loss of Stuart...
 22 missionaries...
Their cars...
Their Phones...
Apartments...
Our mission lost a huge part of our land mass.
For the President and his wife this was very hard...
But...
It also cut the number of missionaries they are responsible for...
Cut the number of cars...
The number of phones...
and Apartments.



Monday was District Preparation day...
As well as Halloween...
The gang is all here...
They are always so gracious...
Helpful...
and uplifting.
From the left back around the table...
 Elders Squires Wood Cooper Harrington Day Haack Campbell and 
Sisters Barlow and McClain.

 Zone Conference without Elder and Sister Gibbons (Seventy) and President and Sister Hall
FR: Sister Peterson Limah Elder Johnson (ZL)Sister McClain and Barlow
BR: Elder and Sister Campbell, Elders Cooper Fackrell Zuniga Waite Fielding Day Haack Harrington Wood Squires and Gubler (ZL)

 For Elder Shelly's mom...
 He is doing great...

 I love these guys...
Elder Gregson and Engemann (Best AP's ever)
They are so humble and work so hard.

 A little blurry...
Sister Lovejoy is going home in a week...
We will miss her.
 
 Sister Kaaa and Lovejoy...

 I wasn't in charge of those doing the lunch...
they did a wonderful job.


Two new office couples....
 Elder and Sister Parker from Preston/Logan

 Sister and Elder Geb from Evanston WY
The responsibilities are changed around and different.
It is a total white wash of the office...
Now the President can make it his own...

Mid week Elder Cooper and Harrington were on exchanges together...
Because of Zone Conference and Exchanges their dinner appointment was non-existent.
So we fed them...
So wonderful and Gracious.

We had the people who thought they didn't want the gospel last week...
Come back to us this week.
Why?
They missed the spirit...
They missed what the Lord had for them.
The Lord knows these wonderful people...
He is aware of their needs...
We are the doubters...
the ones who need more humility
faith
trust.
Other Miracles happened this week in working with those who are less active.


Cooler weather...
 This little guy sat right by our front door for about 24 hours.
We had one jump in the apartment when I opened the sliding glass door.


 I have seen a lot of different colors of homes in Florida...
This one is by far the most colorful...
It is in Port Orange.

Okay...
I know that 65 is so warm to most of you...
  But I was standing in it Saturday for sometime...
The wind was blowing...
It was overcast...
And I got cold to the core.

I really love the heat of summer...
No I haven't had to work in it...
I have only frozen inside the buildings.
BUT it feels so good when I step out into it...
Like a warm wonderful soft blanket.

Burt and Joe Sigfried...
 They invited us to dinner Sunday night...
A delightful couple...
They are leaving for Snowflake Arizona the 14th of November.


On their fridge was a useful kit!



Kevin Campbell
1978-2011
 
Our Nephew Kevin passed away this week...
A lot of things go through our minds as we reflect on his life...
It was not an easy one...
But it was one that he faced with courage...
And a smile.
May we say here...
Death ends a life...
Not a relationship.

No comments: