Saturday, November 26, 2011

Because 'We' Have Been Given Much...

This song was sung by our ward choir...
Our beautiful investigator, or 'seeker of truth'...
Was taken up to perform in that choir by Sister Miller our bishops wife.
Carole was sitting with Sister Miller in Sacrament meeting...
As we watched Carole sitting with Sister Miller our hearts were full...
The greatest compliment an investigator and new member can give missionaries...
is that they don't need them anymore.
THEN...
To watch sister Miller take her up to sing in the choir was watching a miracle.
Carole has a beautiful voice and she made the choir so rich and full.
Tears flowed with thanksgiving as we watched this miracle.
While visiting Carole the next day at her home with her husband...
she finally said she is willing to go by faith from here on out...
She will be baptized!

The last verse of this beautiful song...
Because I (we) have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,
I'll (we'll) share they love again according to they word.
I (we) shall give love to those in need
I'll  (we'll) show that love by word and deed:
Thus shall my (our) thanks be thanks indeed.

Monday

We had the missionaries here for an early Thanksgiving dinner.
It was a real challenge in this little kitchen and limited tools to pull this off.

 Our new district crunched on our couch!
Elder Willey (new district Leader) Elders Cooper Adriano Day Jackson and Harrington
They made way for the Sisters Miller and McClain
Elder Willie Cooper Adriano Day Jackson and Harrington.

It was such a fulfilling day with the missionaries.
After dinner, clean up was quick and everyone went home with lots of food.
The sisters needed an exchange because their ward contact fell through.
So we went to visit Roy with them.
What a wonderful experience that was.
Then we took them shopping and home.

Tuesday we met with Carole and her husband Bob.
Like I said before this was a wonderful visit.
We also felt the spirit teaching Bob.

Wednesday we were instructed by our  new district leader Elder Willey.
What a giant.
He instructed us in prayer.
He knows what he is talking about.
This elder is so focused on the work and is obedient.
There is nothing that will hold this district back.
You get the right combination of missionaries who are willing to be totally obedient and submissive and you have a success formula in which the Lord can work.
Our last soup at District Meeting...
Directive is to 'not mingle'.
So we will just let these wonderful 'workers' go off with empty stomachs.
 Sisters McClain Miller Elders Jackson Willey Harrington Day and Cooper (Where is Adriano?)
There he is peeking around the corner!

Thursday...
Bishop Miller and his wonderful wife hosted a 'fellowship' dinner.
They had new members, less active members, non members, and missionaries.
What a wonderful couple.
I just wish I would have checked the picture after I took it so I could have gotten a better one.

The Hubbs (left front) and Richard behind them (a new member) you can see Sister Propst the missionaries and others.
Christian Propst a new deacon front right.  He is a good boy but looks a little disgruntled.

Bishops mother left and Sister Davis.
(I didn't know till later the the Bishops mother was not a member. What a sweet lady. As I bore testimony to her I had only the spirit to direct me.)


Moab Utah

A few of our families spent Thanksgiving in Moab Utah.
Breathtaking...
Left:  Megan Eve Sydney Austin Gabby and Jordan (We think)

Friday...
Stan helped Andrew move some more furniture out of his garage.
Saturday morning he did the same thing...
These seem to be the only moments we can get with Andrew...
so...
Elder Campbell is using every moment he can to share the gospel with this wonderful young man.

We delivered some of the furniture to the Mission office Saturday afternoon...
now we have just a little bit out under the stairs in front of our apartment.

 It was fun to be back in the 'old' life for a little bit...
 The only landmark around...
Saved our lives a few times when we first got there and turned around...


While we were down that way we visited some good friends...
Lydia...Megan...Sherri...

Great Grand daughter --Grand daughter -- Daughter
(Ginger the great grandma---was taking a nap...so sad)
Megan is here to help the family...
Her brother and his wife just had a premature baby and Megan is here from Salt Lake City to help.


A giant among men has fallen...

Joseph Barrett 96 Died...
His love of the gospel...
His example of enduring faithfully to the end...
Will always be a part of us...
What a wonderful legacy he has left...
Big shoes to fill..
We will miss you Joe.

With This week in the shadows of our memory and Christmas in our future...
I would like to take just a moment to say...
We are thankful for...
Friendships...
Family...
Love...
God...
and His Plan of Happiness...

No comments: