Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's day...Family....Gardens....

This has been such a wonderful Mother's day.
I used to dread them.
But...
I have learned it was the adversary at work...
I would always put myself down...
Comparing me to the saintly women they always spoke of in the Mother's day program.
Now I know...
I did my best.
My children and Grandchildren are wonderful
They are kind...
Loveing...
Helpful...
and...
Always there.
 I love all the calls I receive.
The cards...
the flowers...
Notes...
and
HUGS!

It has been awhile since I have Posted anything.
I took a trip to Europe in April...
Which I posted under another Blog...
'Rantings of a Senior'...
I have been trying to catch up..
In the process...
Getting further behind.

Many pictures haven't been taken...
Sadly to say.
Moments that I hope my mind will not erase.

Stan and I are remodeling our 'offices'.
Because of that...
I couldn't sew my Granddaughter's Prom dress.
(No place to sit up shop).
Dawn Briggs did it for us.
Angie and I spent a day in Logan...
Picked out her material for her dress...
Shoes...
 Jewelry...

Neighbors Jaime Nelson and Melissa Campbell...
Set up a salon the day of the prom.
They did Angie's nails
Hair
and made a princess of her...

 Angie in her prom dress...
So pretty!
Dawn also made a vest to match Angie's dress for her date...

Dani, granddaughter...
Helped me set out all the 'pretty' garden things...
What a help...
We got them all placed...
The patio cleaned...
and the front porch cleaned and freshened.
We got the Bird netting down just in time...
The Swallows were expected within the week.


Reigan is showing off her new jump rope skills...
She does a very good job.

 I love Spring...
All of the newness of life kicks in...
It is truly a miracle...
Watching the brown earth emerge from beneath the snow...
With the warm sun and rains...
Viola! 
Green and color appear...


A weekend with my sisters and a couple daughters proved to be a gift from heaven.
 
 We went to Gabby's soccer game...
They won of course...
(she is Mary and Tim's daughter)
 Anna (My sister's daughter made quick friends with Gabby)

 Gabby and Anna...

My nephew, born in January was bless this weekend as well...
Jason (Patti's son) and wife Brook are the proud parents...
 Caden Edward...

 The Alleger men (except for Caden)
Brighten, (Jared's son)  Jared Brian (Patti's husband)  Jason and Greg...
Patti and Brian's family...
left to right
Greg Anna Patti Brian Jason Brooke holding Caden Marie Brighten and Jared.
 The boys
Greg and twins Jason and Jared
 Add Anna and there is a formula for teasing...
 Sisters who haven't been together in a very long time.
Patti  Diana  Jan
 Jason proves himself a good daddy...
The blessing he gave his son and his testimony were touching...
 Booke Jason and Brooke's parents...
Their first grandchild...
This child wants for NOTHING!
 Becky came down to join the crowd...
That means cousins.
Joey Jordan with Gabby on his back  Anna and Megan with Sydney on her back
Patti Becky Jan Diana and Mary...
Sisters and Sisters....

 Sunday night getting ready for the Eagle Court of Honor...
Opps...
Need to get those badges glued on...
What happened to sewing them on?
 Joey (aka Diana Jo) Tim and Jeran
 Katie and Anna (Katie is the daughter of my sister Patti's friend Rose)
 All the Eagles -- men who have earned their Eagle are in the corner in the 'Eagle's Nest"
 Nathan receiving his Eagle..
 Nathan 'pinning' his parents... (Mary and Tim)
 Oops...Group hug
 Jeran receiving his Eagle...
 Jeran 'pinning' his parents....
 Much better...Group hug..
 Their cousin Sam also got his Eagle..
The three of them joined the 'Eagle's Nest'.
 About 16-17 years ago Mary helped Tim's brother Dean and wife Amy adopt Sam from the Marshall Islands.  She helped Patti and Brian adopt Anna and Patti's friend adopt Katie and of course they adopted Megan.  Here are all four of them together.
Sam Megan Katie Anna
One last time together before the all went home.
This is just to much fun.
Jan Patti Brooke and Caden Mary Diana and Anna


 After being gone so much, I had a lot of work to do in the garden...

 Stan said that this is my mothers day flowers...



 Sunday mornings are always so beautiful...
I walked out with him to feed the horses..
 River...Ruth's horse
 Flowers given to me by Chris' family...
 Saturday Melissa took care of John and Beth and Bryce and Jodie Campbell's kids...
With hers she had thirteen.
They were over here off and on all day.
In came the girls each with their hands full of Sun Docks. 
We didn't have any last year...
This year the hills are a live with all kinds of flowers.


About the first of the year I asked Cyrstal Hurst to do a pencil drawing of Ruth and her family.
We really didn't have any real good picture of them.
We did have the picture of Ruth and the girls but not Nick.
So I gave her several pictures of them that were just snap shots so she could get a good idea of how big Nick was and how he fit with the family.
This is what she brought me Saturday...
It is like a photograph.  
Beautiful...
Breath taking...
Perfect in every way.  
What a treasure.  


We do not go to Sabbath meetings to be entertained...
 or even solely to be instructed.  
We go to worship the Lord
It is an individual responsibility
and regardless of what is said from the pulpit,
 if one wishes to worship the Lord in spirit and truth, 
he may do so by attending his meetings,
 partaking of the sacrament, 
and contemplating the beauties of the gospel. 
If the service is a failure to you,
 you have failed. 
No one can worship for you”.
( Spencer W Kimball)

No comments: