Raft River High had their graduation...
Stan went with Angie...
It was a big disappointment...
One student had Mickey Mouse ears on his cap...
No, they didn't march, they walked in laughing and casual.
No prayer was said...
No acknowledgement of God or Country.
Raft River doesn't have Baccalaureate...
Is that common throughout all the schools?
Stan hasn't stopped 'ranting' about it...
This is as bad as daylight savings...
For those who know Stan...
That is big.
BUT...
Then there was Kindergarten Graduation...
I attended this one.
I was pretty emotional through this one.
These little six year old students...
Marched...
They were so cute, and serious...
No Mickey ears here.
They sang the Star Spangled banner with us.
Hand over their hearts facing the flag.
They did the pledge of Allegiance..
Hand over their heart facing the flag.
They sang some cute songs...
Told us what they are going to be when they grow up...
Mrs. Wight (Joey's wife) inspires the good in her students.
Time to graduate...
Friends and fellow graduates.
A proud moment in time...
Only eleven more years to go...
She also was awarded for being 'Miss Smarty pants"
That is my name for her...
She got an award for having the highest scores in her testing...
PLUS...
Best attendance.
Her sister Angie...
Also got an award a week ago.
Best In English.
Friday I met Chris' girls in Tremonton.
We had a celebratory dinner together.
A good family.
Friday morning I went to Logan because Sydney got THREE awards.
Pride in America award...
Given to two students showing leadership abilities from each fifth grade class.
Sydney on the left top row.
She got the Silver Brilliant Bull Dog award.
Criteria created by the teachers for them to accomplish.
Way to go Syd.
The Big Award...
Great American Award...
this took over 100 hours of study and work...
She knows all the presidents...
the preamble...
Gettysburg address...
All the states and Capitals...
And...
MUCH MUCH MORE!
She had her friend Mandy were awarded their little trophies of the Statue of Liberty.
As a grandmother with all her children 'graduated'.
I think of the awesomeness of my children...
I see their good works...
Their beautiful lives.
Their mistakes...
Their successes.
Their testimonies and dependence on the Lord when things are good and bad.
THEN...
I look at my grand children....
WOW.
There is some greatness here waiting to emerge.
I stand in awe at their greatness.
It is humbling...
I thank the Lord daily for them.
I think of the awesomeness of my children...
I see their good works...
Their beautiful lives.
Their mistakes...
Their successes.
Their testimonies and dependence on the Lord when things are good and bad.
THEN...
I look at my grand children....
WOW.
There is some greatness here waiting to emerge.
I stand in awe at their greatness.
It is humbling...
I thank the Lord daily for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment