At dinner today Stan asked if I would like to serve a mission in Alaska.
While I was sitting in the Mission Office in Orlando...
I visited with the referral Secretary in Alaska...
I told Elder Campbell that we should go to Alaska on our next mission...
Weeeeellllllllllllllllllll
I don't think so.
I don't like being cold.
It is now officially cold.
Not much snow...
Lots of rain...
And the ground was soaking it in like a thirsty monster.
Now the ground is freezing up...
Now we need the snow...
Snow is a blanket that warms the soil...
Thus in the spring when it rains again...
The snow and rain go into the ground...
Not run down the valley...
The rain settled in for a couple of days...
Just like Seattle weather...
A misty type rain...
It felt so good.
This little ranunculus decided it has been cool enough and wet enough it must be spring...
It is a spring bulb.
We got a skiff the first of this week,
Yesterday and today.
Mostly melted by the end of the day.
I got a new camera last weekend...
I think it will give me greater confidence in my picture taking abilities...
So I practiced with different settings on our new simplistic Christmas decorations.
This little guy has ALWAYS spent Christmas on top of the piano...
this year he is by the front window.
A little scary with grandkids everywhere...
He was made and given to us by my older sister Jan...
almost 45 years ago...
He is a tradition that we will always keep.
another practice shot...
Stan and Steve
Two guys not leaning against a pick up or fence...
But the conversation is the same...
Thursday was our day in the temple....
I wish out schedule would accommodate two days there...
If we lived closer it would be a no brainer...
We met up with Mike once again for lunch.
It is certainly a plus working in the temple in Twin...
Seeing Mike makes it a complete day.
Thursday evening Sydney had her piano concert...
She and Madison are doing a duet, Carol of the Bells.
It was beautiful...
Syd also played Frosty the Snow Man.
One of my favorites...
Jordan got in the act as I was trying out settings on my camera...
What a wonderful 12 year old boy.
Jen Daniels the 'Teacher Lady'
played beautifully...
'Fat Man on the Roof'
'Silent Night/Still, Still'
She is amazing...
She has a set of twins about two years old.
I stayed the night at Becky and Larry's...
they always make me feel so welcome.
I try to stay out of their way.
A good spirit abides in their home.
Saturday Chris and Sierra and Angie and Melissa and Ben all had plans in different directions...
So Jayden and Reigan spent Friday night and Saturday with us...
If Reigan is around you can know that Ross will be there as well...
Dani and Olivia came over after they did the chores their mom gave them...
With so much help...
We had a wonderful roast beef dinner mashed potatoes and gravy peas and salad...
Yum....
Dani and Jayden almost got our infamous of Santa put together...
To catch the real meaning of the..
"Spirit of Christmas,"...
we need only to drop the last syllable of the word,
and it becomes the...
"Spirit of Christ."
It beckons us to follow him,
and become worthy of the blessedness...
which he promised to the most unlikely people--
the poor in spirit...
the sorrowful,
the meek,
the seekers after righteousness,
the merciful,
the pure in heart,
the peacemakers,
and...
even...
the persecuted and the oppressed.
-Huge B Brown-
No comments:
Post a Comment