Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans. Snow, Fun, Elections....


Today is Veterans day...

My Father Melvin J Ward...
My son Joseph Stanley Campbell...
Are the soldiers in my life.
Thank you for all you do and have done.


Sunday is a very special day. 
It doesn’t get the attention of Christmas and the Fourth of July, but it should.
As we celebrate Veterans Day this year...
Without the courage and dedication of our many veterans, we would not have a country in which to celebrate our great holidays or even our lives living in freedom for that matter.
We offer our deepest gratitude and special  thoughts of thanksgiving for our veterans. 
If you have one who lives in your house, reach over and give him or her a big hug and an extra long kiss and say thanks for all of us. 
God Bless our veterans.

Elections....
Another 4 years...
It could be a very depressing thought.
BUT...
As my daughter Mary put it...
We knew this was coming...
Let us press forward...
Pray for our leaders..
as the Prophet have asked us to do.

She was very positive..
and so we need to be...
We are not yet as Mormon and Moroni...
Who were all alone in Christ...
And
Being hunted.

We have so much to be grateful for.
We are so blessed.
I am so grateful for life, family, God and yes this wonderful country.


Snow...
Our first 'real' measurable snowfall this season...
Today Dani and I decided we are moving to Florida.
 Why don't we all move...
at least to Arizona!




 Snow slipping off the roof...
 The snow man is covered with leaves because we didn't rake before it snowed...
Dani Sierra Olivia

 Reigan and Ross...


Friday Raft River Football team played in the finals at the mini dome in Pocatello...
It was Angies #17 Birthday and that is what she wanted for her birthday.
Stan, aka Grandpa,
Drove Chris Angie and Jayden to Pocatello to witness the 'great' defeat.
Defeat is hardly the word...
34-0.
our guys are the 0
They still came in third in their division.
Good going Raft River Trojans...

Since school was out for the game...
Plan was...
I was going to take Sierra and Reigan to the craft fair in Garland...
Melissa was there with her crafts.
(Melissa left Thursday night and got back Saturday night)

BUT...
Olivia and Ross wanted to play...

SO WE PLAYED...
You saw the snow pictures above...

We played UNO...
I have always been the Queen of UNO...
I taught the below to play...
Little Reigan surprised us all by winning the first game..
Ross did join in on another game..
How much fun this was...
 Sierra Reigan Olivia
 The TV's up and down stairs had movies going...
Reigan and Ross were playing with blocks cars the memory game and Candy land.
Food, cookies, conversation.




Ben came over and crashed as well...
I talked him into cooking up some steaks...
He does it with apple wood and it is so good.

Dani wanted to make french fries...

 They were so good...
she cooked up onions and mushroom as well for the top of our steaks...
YUM

 Troops at the trough...

We have to make cookies if we are at Grandma's..
 
Dani and I baked enough cookies together...
she could supervise Ross and Reigan... 
The little ones can't use a mixer so I have always let them use their hands...
This was so cute.
These two are a real team.

What a fun day.
Stan Chris Jayden and Angid got there and we all sat around and had a good visit before everyone went home.

There isn't much I can do with this pinched nerve in my back...
I did make a trip into Malta Tuesday...
Penny Thompson just lost her husband and Tuesday was their 53 wedding anniversary.
We went to lunch which lasted about two hours...
what a fun time we had...
I did make several visits to my friends the widows before lunch.
I love these ladies...
they have so much to teach me...

I practice the piano...
they need more piano players at the temple.
 I do a lot from this recliner and the heating pad...

 I crocheted around four blankets this week...
 The chest is full of hemstitched blankets that need crocheted around...
 My pile of finished ones is small...
 I also exercise...
sit and be fit along with some of my Pilates from the chair and floor...
 And instead of sitting on a chair I sit on the ball...
helps the core muscles...
I do some walking around the yard, and sometimes over to see Melissa.

Yes I do a lot of studying. 
Teaching Gospel Doctrine is daunting...

Saturday...
I went to Garland Utah and attended the Craft Fair where Melissa sells her wares.

Melissa was with Gwen and Gay...
She has a prime spot to sell her crafts...



What a beautiful versatile display of crafts...
It was by far the biggest and best display there.

It is always fun to go and shop...
thank you Melissa. 

Melissa and her projects
Her workshop...

“Our leaders have consistently counseled us
 ‘to live with respect and appreciation for those not of our faith. 
There is so great a need for civility
 and mutual respect among those of differing beliefs 
and philosophies’ 
(Gordon B. Hinckley
 “It is equally important that we be loving and kind to members of our own faith, 
regardless of their level of commitment or activity.”
Quentin L. Cook,

No comments: