Sunday, January 29, 2012

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

This has been a week of tying things up...
Last times...
Emotion...
Looking Forward.

Last haircut...
Elder Adriano and Larsen got their ears lowered.

My last hair cut...
 Kelly is the only person in Florida who could really give me a good hair cut...
and she works in Walmart.

 Our last visit with Richard Flanery...
He did the Campbell and Barrus line...
He has come up with some marvelous history.
Elder Fielding sure wanted this guy to join the church.
We did our best...
He is a funny guy...
Leaves everything unto his own understanding.

Last Goodbyes
 Marion Hirt...
A southern gal if there ever was one.
What a gem.

Last road trip...
 These are tangerines...or something small like that.

 Last time in the Orlando temple...
 UNLESS...
Carole decides to enter those doors in a year...
You may just find us back to be with her.

 January heat wave...
 It has been unseasonably warm and very very dry...
Lots of fires.


I planted a grapefruit seed the first month we were here.
 It is now about 1 1/2 feet high.

I love the way the Live Oaks continue to grow...
 New leaves that pushed the old ones out,
they are always green.

The Oak Tree
by Johnny Ray Ryder Jr.


A mighty wind blew night and day.
It stole the Oak Tree's leaves away.
Then snapped its boughs
and pulled its bark
until the Oak was tired and stark.

But still the Oak Tree held its ground
while other trees fell all around.
The weary wind gave up and spoke,
"How can you still be standing Oak?"

The Oak Tree said, I know that you
can break each branch of mine in two,
carry every leaf away,
shake my limbs and make me sway.

But I have roots stretched in the earth,
growing stronger since my birth.
You'll never touch them, for you see
they are the deepest part of me.

Until today, I wasn't sure
of just how much I could endure.
But now I've found with thanks to you,
I'm stronger than I ever knew.
 
Packing...
Again.


We are starting to think forward...
Sarah called to make plans...
Becky....
Ben....
I guess they think we must be coming home soon.


Stake Conference...
 Televised from SLC...so it was just Deland 1 and 2...
We are obviously just about the last to leave...
 A lot of good byes. 

Carole had us and Elders Adriano and Larsen over to dinner...
She baked us a loaf of bread...
While we were there Sister McCombs, RS President called her
with her new visiting teaching assignment and companion.
She is now a visiting teacher to two of the families we were working with.
Now she is 'Paying it Forward'
She is so excited about it.
She is off and running...
Don't think we can keep up with her now!
Till we meet again sweet friend. 

This is not blurry...
You are seeing it through our tears.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good
1. Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

2. What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

3. When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

4. For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior’s name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although the picture of me with the loaf of bread has one questioning my mental capabilities, I will treasure this entry in your blog forever.

I miss you already and you haven't left yet.

You are not just my friends but Bobby's too! Our lives will never be the same.

Two incredible people entered the front door of our home in early July by my request and look what has taken place in that short period of time. My life has been totally turned around. What I've been searching for all these years was here in my backyard all along.

Take care and safe travel to you, my friends and loving teachers.

I love you unconditionally,
Carole (Sister Keane)