Sunday, January 30, 2011

Arrivals and Departures

I really don't have favorites but I hate to see some of these guys go home...
 Elder Moyle and us ol' guys
 Elder Doxey chipper as ever.
We really only had four 'new' arrivals this week.
The others came in mid way through...
The Haitian missionaries are always off set.
 Elder McClatchy was a Brazilian Elder.
When Brazilian Elders have to go home for any reason Brazil will not honor their passports for them to go back....
Sooooo
they come to Florida.
We have gotten a lot of top notch elders that way.

 Elder Shelly at the head of the table took Elder Fulmer's place.
Elder Wood is training him. 
 Today, Sunday we had a chance to see Elder Shelly in action.
What a difference one Elder can make.
My Tongan Sisters...
 Sister Clanton on the right going back to Tonga now..so sad
Elder Jefferds and Beckstead in the background.
 Sister Keung has one more transfer and she is going home to New Zealand.
 Elder Jefferds has lost 75 pounds while out here.
 Transfer day and President is in a huddle.
Elder Marshell and Elder Overby-- on the left
Elder Stander and Tall their trainers in the middle
Jefferds and Beckstead going home on the left.
 

 Elder Fulavaka and Tall in a Tongan embrace

 Elder Beckstead and Tall
 Elder Doxey and Tall
 New Elder Marshal  with Elder Doxey
 Elder Barns and Wilson are going home.
 Departing Elders and Sister Clanton at the mission home..
Such peace and joy in the middle of a tornado watch.
 Guess who is back....
 Sister Snyder and Elsworth are back together in the Hunter's Creek Stake/Zone
They are English Missionaries this time...
No ASL


Okay I got me a Disney pass
It is just for weekdays
Holidays are blocked out
But it was cheaper then purchasing a three day pass.
 Sherri Hauert is an amazing lady..
 Yours truly...
I wanted to ride but didn't...

This week we brought in a big bookself (employment discard) to replace the one we had... 
the shelves were always falling.
The new one looks just like the old one...
but the shelves work.
I have been thinking that the big hutch above the desk was cumbersome and no real place to practically store things.  SOOO...
Stan helped me to lift it off and take it and the old shelves to Salvation Army..
This is the desk without the hutch.
Other pictures have it so I didn't take a picture of the before.
This is so much nicer.  I purchased five trays at Walmart and between them
and our new serviceable book shelf there is plenty of room for everything.


Tuesday night there were Tornado watches all up and down Florida.
Nothing to bad happened...
I can say that because I wasn't the one with a tree on my roof or my roof and yard stuff in the neighbors yard.
 That green was right over us and we had to go to the mission home
Yes it was about a mile away but it felt like ten.


 The Next morning...


If we make of our homes holy places
that shelter us from evil, 
we WILL be protected from the adverse consequences that the scriptures have foretold.
(Quinton L. Cook)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Catching up on blogs...busy week last week! I love the quote at the end. One of Gabby's missionaries gets transferred this week too.