President Hall is making the office into something pretty fancy 'Professional' he says.
He is starting with his personal office and this table was not doing anything so out it went.
(I collated my reports on it but oh well...)
As you can see it is a beautiful wood table.
The Assistants don't have a table so they want to use it.
My feeling is...Something that nice doesn't belong in an Elders apartment.
But who cares...so I purchased them an oilcloth tablecloth so they won't ruin it...I hope.
We did take the Assistants out to dinner Monday night, not pictured here.
Panera Bread is a great place to eat.
No this isn't hurricane Earl.
Look close.....
Elder Schow is really cleaning house, or office, and he found this postcard.
Have you figured it out yet?
Okay-I tried to take a picture of the wind, it wouldn't hold still!!!!
The wind we received when Earl passed by way out on the ocean. (Waves on the lake)
What happened here is Earl sucked all the moisture out and away from Florida so we had very cool temperatures -78 to high 80's- and breezes. What a beautiful week it was because of Earl.
Today we are back to normal.
Heat - rain in the afternoon and high humidity.
Ya gotta love it!
This made me cry.
It is the envelope with travel itinerary to the parents of a new missionary.
Betio Tarawa is where my dad spent four years cleaning up after the Americans stormed in and reclaimed the Islands during WWII.
(for details read Melvin J Ward's history)
It isn't Gilbert Islands any more it is Kiribati.
Now there are members of the church there and a missionary!
Do you suppose Dad knows and is crying with joy as well?
Meet Breonna and Isiah
Sarah and Chad have three children of their own. Andrew Ben and CeAnna.
A little while back they received Hunter and Lauren as foster children into their home.
They will be leaving in a couple of months to live with their maternal grandmother.
Breonna and Isiah are also foster children and they came this week.
Sarah and Chad now have seven children in their home.
Yes that is a Zucchini.
No I didn't grow it, the Mapakoi's gave it to us...
Yes even in Florida people try to get rid of their zucchini.
Stan and I are addicted to mango's. They are SOOOOO good.
Better then a peach any day.
The other melon is a Santa Clause Melon.
It tastes a lot like cantaloupe, honey dew and watermelon.
It is delicious!!!!
Inside the Santa Clause Melon.
I believe this is a Great Blue Heron. This is just at dusk..it is a big bird.
Remember those little tiny baby chicks I showed you last Spring?
The people who live in this space kept them in their apartment till about a month ago.
NOW every night the ducks come to the patio and quack to get food.
This little thing is the weirdest looking duck you have ever seen.
Literally no legs, but huge feet and he is fat-round.
The same people who had the other ducks just let this one out.
It looks like a mutant duck.
While we are away life goes on...
'down on the farm'.
Reassuring in a way yet causes a bit of homesickness in another.
Sunrise
through my patio screen. Just before Earl passed by.
Sunset
The last couple of weeks I have been teaching the Gospel Principles lesson in Sunday School.
This week is on the Holy Ghost.
I do know that the Holy Ghost plays such an important part in my life. I could not function without it.
The following is a quote by President Joseph Fielding Smith:
'When a man has the manifestation from the Holy Ghost, it leaves an indelible impression on his soul, one that is not easily erased.
It is Spirit speaking to spirit, and it comes with convincing force.
A manifestation of an angel, or even of the Son of God himself, would impress the eye and mind, and eventually become dimmed, but the impressions of the Holy Ghost sink deeper into the soul and are more difficult to erase...
Through the Holy Ghost the truth is woven into the very fiber and sinews of the body so that it cannot be forgotten.'





2 comments:
Edward really likes mangoes too.
I'm Beckies friend - both of our parents are on mission, so we check each others parents blogs sometimes (did that make sense?). Anyways, I took a real interest when I saw the envelope with Kiribati on it, and your connection there. That is where my parents are serving their misssion. They aren't on Tarawa, but on Kiritimati (Christmas Island). Tarawa is part of their mission though. And there are lots of missionaries and members on those islands now. The church is growing!
Post a Comment