Last Monday after work we, the seniors and the Assistants, got together for dinner.
Elder Merrell is going home and this is his farewell.
BUT
Before the Assistants came the President, who had been meeting with Elder Gonzales, told us, the Seniors, we were going to be a district.
We will have district meetings, and study as the missionaries do.
We will have district meetings, and study as the missionaries do.
We are expected to...
'Bring Souls Unto Christ'.
SOOOO
We do all we have been doing..
Office
Missionaries
Fellowshipping
Teaching/going on splits
Fellowshipping
Teaching/going on splits
Church responsibilities
Living..
and NOW
and NOW
Officially..
MISSIONARIES.
With that said we will proceed with the week, knowing we have added a new schedule and study program.
Elder Merrell, like all the other Assistants that have gone home, will be missed.
Elder Doxey will now be the longest living Assistant.
He will need to train Elder Hyer (no picture yet), but he will need to stay two transfers to do it.
Three transfers are the limit for Assistants. He has been here for three transfers already.
(Becky Elder Doxey is going to go to USU when he goes home in December.)
Yes I am cutting hair in the office.
I did Elder Schow, who you see. Then I did
Elder Wilks and Swift as well.
One of the few nights we had a sunset without clouds.
Amazing.
I am sitting at a stop light.
Before we went to the office Wednesday Stan and I picked up a bike delivered it to Elder Lehadern then we took his car...
poor Elder Lehadern.
It really is the best thing for him.
poor Elder Lehadern.
It really is the best thing for him.
Elder Lehadern has a size fifteen wide shoe.
Mine is size 5 1/2
He is a BIG guy.
He has lost weight since he has been with Elder Conamt
Elder Conant is buff and work out hard every morning and has always been on a bike.
As I am doing my blog, Elder Lehadern has been transferred and will be taking his bike with him.
Elder Dahle has a size 13 shoe.
With Elder Merrel going home and a couple of the Zone Leaders leaving as well,
Elder James and Stan and I took them to the Ale House for lunch Saturday.
It is like Applebees, the bar and Ale are in a completely different room.
We sat on HIGH stools around this old 'pool' table. It has a trough around it and there isn't really a place for plates, it made eating a challenge to say the least.
(Elders:Merrell Doxey Rydalch Christensen Engeman Fullmer me and Stan. Elder Jame in the back)
Elder Fullmer is another big guy.
Elder James and Stan and I took them to the Ale House for lunch Saturday.
It is like Applebees, the bar and Ale are in a completely different room.
We sat on HIGH stools around this old 'pool' table. It has a trough around it and there isn't really a place for plates, it made eating a challenge to say the least.
(Elders:Merrell Doxey Rydalch Christensen Engeman Fullmer me and Stan. Elder Jame in the back)
Elder Fullmer is another big guy.
Another big -- size 15 foot.
Before I try to get into our car I need to look at our license plate...
There were two of these in the parking lot and I tried to get in the other one.
This duck is certainly mutant.
Look at the tail. Its legs are so short, he can't swim very fast.
I have been watching him grow up and it has been interesting.
Everytime this little boy came around past us he would hold his hand out and yell
STOP!
If we kept walking he held both hands up with great authority.
Shingle Creek is the head of the Ever Glades.
I have heard a lot about this from Stan, he walks here all the time.
My turn came Friday night.
It was a beautiful night.
With Hurricanes churning up the Atlantic and Gulf we get all the moisture sucked out to sea and we have beautiful fall weather.
So we went for an evening walk.
It is hard to believe this is just a hop skip and a jump from our apartment.
The sound of traffic and people are muffled and the only sound are insects and animals that live there.
Of course pictures don't even come close to the beauty.
It is so amazing to see what one little black rain cloud can add to a sunset.
One sunset as we walked Friday night.
This week has brought greater insight and understanding that we are not in control of what happens to us.
The Adversary is real the ol' rascal would like nothing more then to destroy our Senior District.
We are doing what has been asked of us but each couple has done it a little differently to meet our normal work schedule. I am grateful for a wise District Leader Elder Swaine who understands what is happening.
I am ever mindful of how the Spirit is also aware of what we are doing and the peace comfort and love that comes from Him.
I have heard a lot about this from Stan, he walks here all the time.
My turn came Friday night.
It was a beautiful night.
With Hurricanes churning up the Atlantic and Gulf we get all the moisture sucked out to sea and we have beautiful fall weather.
So we went for an evening walk.
It is hard to believe this is just a hop skip and a jump from our apartment.
The sound of traffic and people are muffled and the only sound are insects and animals that live there.
Of course pictures don't even come close to the beauty.
It is so amazing to see what one little black rain cloud can add to a sunset.
One sunset as we walked Friday night.
This week has brought greater insight and understanding that we are not in control of what happens to us.
The Adversary is real the ol' rascal would like nothing more then to destroy our Senior District.
We are doing what has been asked of us but each couple has done it a little differently to meet our normal work schedule. I am grateful for a wise District Leader Elder Swaine who understands what is happening.
I am ever mindful of how the Spirit is also aware of what we are doing and the peace comfort and love that comes from Him.
We are about the Lords work and the Lord will prevail.
Trials WILL happen whether we have the gospel or not.
BUT
when trials come and we have the gospel it gives great strength.
Trials are not testing...
...they are to help strengthen us.
1 comment:
I'm not surprised that dad found a beautiful and secluded spot to walk. The pictures make me want to walk there. Love the updates.
Post a Comment