There has been an excitement and feelings of anxiety around the office all week. Elder Bracero is leaving Wednesday morning and we are all sad. Finding a replacement has been hard on them as well as figuring out transfers. That is harder then I thought it was. They can't just move someone. They have to figure in the living quarters, cars, bikes, and where they have been and haven't been. The assistants work hard with the President. He gives advice and lets the Assistants work it out. It is amazing to watch. We are also losing Elder Moyle the head office gruru is being transferred out. I am so going to miss him, but we will see him at Zone conferences, Elder Bracero we will probably never see again. Here are some pictures of the office and all that has been going on. There is a picture of the rose the Assistance gave me for Mother's day last week and the Flowers Beth sent this week.
This is the rose the assistants gave me. They knocked on the door left it and ran. It stayed perky all week, Saturday morning it gave up the ghost.
The flowers Beth sent with the flowers the sister missionaries put together for us. This is the information desk, where Elders get messages etc. It also has peanut M&M's and Pretzels supplied by the senior couples for the missionaries.
Sarah's flowers on my desk with the cards sent by my family.
I brought the flowers home for the weekend, so I could enjoy them here.
This is the bulliten board above my desk. It has all the new companionships from transfer time. The Elders always come and find themselves and see how much others have changed. To the right are little thoughts left by previous Referral Secretaries. This week I added one from my granddaughter Diana Jo (AKA Joie).
I used this for a thought in our office devotional Friday. For 10 years old that is deep. But then she has lived a life time in those 10 years. She is our granddaughter who lost her family 2 1/2 years ago. (I think I need an s on goodtimes)
This is Elder Lahaderne and Elder Wood, they are companions. Pretty funny. Elder Lahaderne is a big teddy bear. He has a little bit of a stutter if he tries to hurry. His heart is huge and he is an amazing Elder. I don't know Elder Wood very well but if I were him I would not rile the teddy bear.
Elder Rice-- I just asked him if he was getting all those books for the new missionaries finished, he turned around and was answering me. He is staying and will have two others to help him with his office duties. Stan thinks it is because he needs an elder to help him with his computer work.
Elder Moyle coming back to work. (cheap shot)
Elder Stienmen, assistant, always posing.
Elder Bracero trying to be serious. NOT
Letting off a little steam. Elder Bracero was Elder Moyles trainer 'father' as they call it. He is leaving and giving Elder Moyle a few pointers. Of course I said "Take it outside boys".
Back to work everyone.
Elder James is a brilliant man who completes his work quickly. He takes care of apartments and rentals etc as well as the mission finances. He is eating homemade toffee right here. His favorite pass time is eating. He is never full.
Saturday afternoon our ward had a Luau. We have many Polynesians in our ward, two of the families perform at Epcot and Sea World. Brother Pokipala and family sing, what beautiful music comes from their mouths. WOW The other group are the dancers and they have friends with them that are not members but some are very impressed with the church are are investigating it. Stan and I invited Sharie Howard and her mother Ginger and Lydia, Ginger's g granddaughter. They live in our complex. Sherie has had some very difficult times and has fallen into inactivity. It is our job to bring her back. Ginger is a member but doesn't want to come back, so she says. I have been visiting her every week now and she came to the luau and brought her secret recipe carrot cake to be auctioned off. He granddaughter approached me at church today and gave me a hug, and said, "I didn't think Grandma would ever come to any church function and somehow you did it. I have fallen in love with Ginger, and she is so welcoming and wonderful.
Everyone lining up to eat the TONS of food prepared.
Pokipala's singing group. Oh how I wish we could have captured the sound.
The youth of our ward are very talented, and sang and danced while the Pokipalas rested.
The the following pictures are the amazing dancers. I didn't get a picture of the Huka (sp) I was greeting Sherie and her family at that time. But it was IMPRESSIVE!!!
The Young Women demonstrating their talents, after all this was for their camp funds.
They are joined by one of the members of the dance group from our ward.
The male dancers were strong and well awesome. I didn't get many good pictures of them because they just moved to fast.
Brother Pokipala teaching members who to move their hips. When he sings it is like an angel singing. He is also a member of our bishopric
This is Brother Henderson also from the bishopric auctioning off cakes and this Lego Nauvo temple made by a member of our ward who works at the Lego shop at Disney. Brother Henderson is a pro golfer. My pineapple upside down cake went for $65
This is Sherie Howard and Lydia. The man who did the Lego work is Lydia's daddy. Sherie also works at Disney. Lydia's mom does plays at Animal Kingdom. Right now she is playing the part of Nemo.
Elder Berhold with two pineapples in his back pack, they were center pieces and three cakes purchased by us and others to feed the Elders. Stan also purchased three other cakes to take to the office for the missionaries that come in to use the computers on Preparation day and on Tuesday for the new missionaries coming into the mission.
All the people in the church complex went up on the roof to watch the launch of the space shuttle. What a sight--1300 miles an hour. I forgot to take my camera up on the roof. I think you would have had a better view on the TV. But to be there and watch was very interesting and exciting. It was very humbling in a way to stand there watching this monster of a machine blast off into space and become just a spec so quickly. All that fuel and power it takes to thrust it into space blows my mind. We felt very small.
There is never a dull moment in our lives. So much is going on. It is a wonderful place to be. Stan and I are strengthened and blessed every day. We enjoy being with the missionaries and love them so much. The contact we have with them fills the void of missing our family.
We love the Lord and recognize his hand in all we do. There isn't any way we could do this work without his strength and power in our lives.
2 comments:
Wow, that's one heck of a YW fundrasier...what a fun ward. It was great to talk to you guys again this week :)
looks kinda like the fun we've been having here in Hawaii. It sure has been neat to socialize with the missionaries and members here. I enjoy hearing about all the adventures your having.
Post a Comment