We have no idea what this tower is, it is a rusty pink. We drive toward it every morning, it is where we turn on Satellite Blvd. It is a land mark like the Marriott hotel is. We really need to name this thing.
The hedge of honeysuckle that is just outside our patio along the walkway where we go to enter our apartment. It is so full now we have no view of the lake behind it. Wish we could send the aroma along with the picture. It is intoxicating.
Yes those are cows.
It was so hot an muggy here in Orlando Saturday we decided to get in the car and explore. We went south then straight East. Lots of farm country--tractors horses cows and nice farm homes and acreage. Some of the places are humble maybe family farms, others are big and a lot of money is involved.
There was a lot of this. Trees bent over and stripped of branches and leaves. Could it be where there was a hurricane? Don't know for sure, but very interesting.
Stan thought these were cattle from South America, they were different.
The wooded areas are so dense. In Washington we could walk through the forest. [Of course I have never been to the rain forests on the Olympic Peninsula.] This was very heavy growth.
Entering Melbourne
By this time the temperature had dropped and it was becoming livable.
The wind was blowing really hard. I tried to take some pictures when Stan stopped for a bit between the mainland and a little Island, I believe it was Indian Island or something like that. Anyway, I couldn't stand up and hold the camera steady, but it was so refreshing. Once again I wish I could send the smell of the fresh ocean air. Talk about intoxicating!
This is a little blurry but I am looking toward the Island side of the bridge.
The beach we found was a quiet little beach with a nice board walk. People were relaxing and enjoying the day. The wind wasn't as strong once we were on the beach and it was quite delightful.
The first thing I did before I was off the boardwalk was take my shoes off. Oh how sweet. The water was warm. I wanted to run and jump in clothes and all. It was just so wonderful!
Standing safely way back from the water, I zoomed in to get this one.
Getting a little braver.
Getting a good look at the surroundings and the plane that flew a couple feet off the ground over the top of us.
Yes he is actually close to the water, maybe next time I can get him to loosen up a little bit more.
What can I say....
This is just way to much fun. I have a promise from Elder Campbell that we can pack a lunch and spend some time on the beach sometime soon. We are very busy doing missionary work even on our preparation day, but this was better the ice cream and Chocolate put together.
This is Avery. He was so animated. The second I would hold the camera up he would stop like a statue. Even if he wasn't looking at me he just knew. (I did ask permission to take the pictures before hand). He is the cutest little guy I have seen in a long time.
I know, my shadow is in the picture, but he actually looked at me and I couldn't do anything but snap the picture.
Surfers. They would run and jump on the boards and catch a few little waves
Don't know if you can see -- there is a guys wind surfing. A good day for that for sure!
When we left we got to the top of the boardwalk and my feet had dried off enough to put socks on. I backed up against the railing and almost bumped into a guy sitting on the rail looking out over the ocean. Stan excused me and we were able to visit with him. He was very inquisitive. No we didn't have our pass along cards, they were in the car. We are learning never to leave them behind, EVER.
Some wild flowers growing under the board walk right out of the sand.
Traveling home the sun was setting on a very beautiful peaceful day.
As we traveled through some of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen, I felt the goodness of our Father in Heaven. No matter where we are we see his handiwork. I love the Savior and know of His love personally in my life. At moments like this 'all is well'.
3 comments:
mom you almost look at home there in the sand and ocean.....like maybe you have done it before?
Oh, that humidity can be a beast, but sometimes I think it feels good, like it wraps all around, soft and warm.
It all looks beautiful, glad you got a chance to explore...I'm staying tuned to see if Dad ever gets his feet wet.
I'm like Esther. It was difficult to get used to in the Marshall Islands (mid 80's temp and high 90's humidity...never changed), but when I go back, I love stepping off the plane and feeling the humidity wrap around me. I miss it.
You look like you're having so much fun. Wish we could drive two hours and join you!
Post a Comment