What a wonderful week this was...
I was engulfed in the lives of some of my granddaughters....
What greater joy could there be?
Monday...
I took Jayden and Dani to Beth Jone's home.
She has injured a muscle and/or ligament in her groin...
She can barely get around.
She will be 86 years old this August.
She works so hard...
she and her yard puts me to shame.
There was a great need for service...
There was a need for service hours.
I have taken Dani to Beth's before to help in the yard...
I have taken Jayden visiting teaching with me...
Now both came with me and literally tackled Beth's garden.
The garden is huge.
It was covered with a carpet of weeds about 6-10 inches high.
We pulled weeds.
We found the carrots onions lettuce turnips and peas.
Jayden hoed around the potatoes cabbages and tomatoes.
They worked hard...
It took about four hours non stop.
We made a few visits to other widows then...
We went to Burley...
I needed material for the blankets for the Joseph Campbell baby girl.
Of course we ate...
We shopped and had a good time...
We got frozen yogurt at Kiwe Loco...
such a fun place to go.
such a fun place to go.
Tuesday...
I was going to work in the yard...
I promptly stabbed a knife, dirty one, into my hand between my index finger and thumb.
It bled and bled and bled.
It hurt.
I couldn't work with that hand.
So...
I crocheted around the receiving for our newest granddaughter anxiously awaiting her arrival.
Wednesday..
With my hand still in a condition that I couldn't work outside...
I decided to sew and quilt the blanket for our newest granddaughter anxiously awaiting her arrival.
since my computer is on my sewing machine table...
We found the sewing and put in on my new computer table...
I put together the quilt and tied it...
Angels were present as this work went so quickly...
Thursday....
Angie was asked to go to Murry to get a drug test so she can be a Children's Hospital Volunteer.
This we did...
Then since I tried to combine two town days into one, we went to Logan together.
Here we met with Becky and Sydney...
Of course another granddaughter...
Sydney Becky and Angie...
She saw me through all my stops and home....
So grateful for granddaughters....
One of our stops was at Mail Box Etc.
Where we mailed the blankets to..
our newest granddaughter anxiously awaiting her arrival.
Friday I actually worked in the yard, and did some weeding....
I must say I blew it this day.
The horse, Duchess, ran through the garden several times...
I let go with a word I have spent many hours trying to repent of...
Praying my two grandchildren who heard it will forget.
Probably not...
It will be one of those stories that follow me to my grave.
Saturday...
I took Olivia Sierra and Brook to Beth Jones' to once again work in her garden...
They worked hard...
Then accompanied me to visit other widows.
Beth had a lot of dolls she and her sister remade and sewed beautiful dresses for...
Impressive.
They played the piano for Luana,
Dani did that for her Monday as well.
Then Luana played a few tunes for them.
Good times.
Genny Udy has crocheted over 150 dolls.
She displays them...
They are amazingly beautiful.
The girls really had fun with that...
Then we went to Burley...
It is Olivia's birthday Wednesday...
No one can celebrate that day so we did today.
We did a little shopping and of course we ate ate.
The waitresses came out clapping their hands and singing happy birthday to her.
She turned bright red!
Sierra Olivia and Brook
Olivia's hamburger was bigger than her head...
Here she had eaten part of it and squished it down,
She still couldn't get her mouth open wide enough to get a good bite...
BUT...
She ate the whole thing.
We went to Wal-Mart to run our dinner off,
Then went to Kiwi Loco for frozen Yogurt...
You can get any kind of yogurt you want...
as many kinds as you want...
and all the toppings you want.
It is by weight.
These girls got very creative.
Our trip home was so much fun.
I almost had to pull over because I as laughing at them laughing so hard.
What fun...
I am so grateful for my grandchildren.
I am grateful that they are close by...
I am grateful for their love and support...
Such beautiful giving young women.
Olivia's hamburger was bigger than her head...
Here she had eaten part of it and squished it down,
She still couldn't get her mouth open wide enough to get a good bite...
BUT...
She ate the whole thing.
We went to Wal-Mart to run our dinner off,
Then went to Kiwi Loco for frozen Yogurt...
You can get any kind of yogurt you want...
as many kinds as you want...
and all the toppings you want.
It is by weight.
These girls got very creative.
Our trip home was so much fun.
I almost had to pull over because I as laughing at them laughing so hard.
What fun...
I am so grateful for my grandchildren.
I am grateful that they are close by...
I am grateful for their love and support...
Such beautiful giving young women.
"Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."—Jeffrey R. Holland,
No comments:
Post a Comment