As I look around me...
I see so much sorry...
pain...
grief...
hate...
anger...
I also see suffering that is strengthening...
Sorry that builds character.
Pain that brings perspective in to view.
I see gratitude where there is great adversity.
I watch and wonder...
How do I accept the conditions in my life?
Do I submit to the Savior's will for me...
Do I learn the lesson's there for me to learn?
I have concluded I love life and the world around me...
The Lord has blessed me in healing.
He has blessed me in learning.
He has blessed my family.
I am blessed to have love all around me.
I have a thankful heart.
Melissa, our dear sweet daughter-in-law...
Has so much to give her grief.
Her losses are great.
Yet she smiles and has fun where ever she is...
In this fun she brightens the lives around her.
I am grateful for her example of making lemonade out of lemons.
This week we have had little Ross with us again.
He is so much fun to have.
Monday afternoon he took care of me and Grandpa
Tuesday he took care of me
Wednesday he took Care of Grandpa.
I love that little guy.
Wednesday I went to Malta to visit my friends.
Ada Parke who is almost 93.
She lives alone
Drives
and gets around with her walker and cane.
Always there is a smile on her face.
She is so positive and upbeat
I forget her age when I am with her.
Luana Barrett
'Grin and Bear it' is her moto'
Since her sweet husband of 75 years left her she has withered.
She is almost 94.
She lives a lone
She has family and friends visit her all the time.
She has learned to endure gracefully.
Delsie Teeter is 85.
She is a lone and has been for many years.
I was her visiting teacher for 7 years before our mission.
I can't not go to see her.
She is fun to visit with.
She knows adversity.
Yet she doesn't let it get her down.
What a good friend.
Genny Udy Eliason
Genny has been a friend for years.
She taught me to crochet around blankets
She lost her husband many years ago.
She remarried Almo Eliason.
They had ten good years.
Now again she is a lone.
She is 93 years old.
She is totally independent.
Strong.
Gentle.
and willing to share her gifts.
I learn so much from her.
Today we had rain...
the lawn is starting to bear up.
After a long dark winter there is always hope in Spring.
Stan and I did our Temple Assignment on Thursday.
Again on Saturday evening we substituted.
We were there early Saturday.
We witnessed our Malta youth being baptized.
What a special moment in heaven.
Fathers baptized their own children as they did work for the dead.
One young man who's earlier life was rough and wild...
Stood in the sacred waters of the font...
Pure and clean...
Baptizing these young people.
What a beautiful sight.
On the way home from the temple...
I was thinking about the week.
Ross with us...
Visiting the elderly...
the temple service...
Service is addictive.
I love serving.
I feel better...
emotionally..
spiritually..
and
Physically.
Atonement
"What we can do to help--teaching,and doing it with the spirit of righteousness, with love, with tenderness, with example--centers on the Savior and his atonement. That is what we would teach. The Atonement working in our lives will produce in us the love and tenderness we need. And by remembering Him and His gift, which we promise to do as we take the sacrament each week, we can put a light of hope in our faces which those we love need so much to see."—Henry B. Eyring,
1 comment:
This is a beautiful post. There is so much good in the world!
Post a Comment