Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Love to See the Temple

1. I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.
2. I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.


 Twin Falls Temple 5:30 AM
Stan and I started working in the temple Thursday.
We did get there on time...
We were both met at the door by officiators...
I had Sister Lee.
It was a pleasant day in the temple.
I think that they gave us some easy jobs to help us feel smart.
I love the spirit there.
We were greeted as though we were best of friends...
We were treated as equal even though we were 'newbees'.
As a whole it was a beautiful experience.


Saturday we were back in Twin Falls...
This time...

With our Grandson Oliver...
 Our grandson Oliver (Right) and his best friend Paul
In the temple...
Paul received his endowment mid May...
He leaves for Japan June 13.
It worked so that Oliver could receive his endowment before Paul left...
What an amazing experience to be in the temple with our daughter husband...
And Oliver!
It is also Beth's birthday...
Now that is a gift no mom could turn down.
 Trevor Oliver Beth
 Beth Trevor Oliver Diana Stan
 Oliver with Grandpa and Grandma
 Beth and her twin Sarah haven't changed much.
When they were young they were tiny, and I mean tiny...

They would both lean over the toilet bowel and play in the water...
They were so tiny they could have both dropped in and drown.
So Saturday was a very warm day...
If Sarah and Beth had been three they would have both been in the fountain...
Well Beth turned 42 Saturday...
Can you see what I mean?

 Trevor Oliver Paul Sherri (Paul's mom) Diana and Stan
Beth is taking the picture.
We ate at River Rock and the food is so good there...
Good place to meet as friends and family.

In contrast...
On the way home we went through a mile of fire and smoke...
 We hope this isn't an omen of what is to come this summer...
 The fires of 06 and 07 are still very clear in our minds...

 I pray they saved the house that was out in the middle of all of that!

My Granddaughter Dani, Ben and Melissa's oldest daughter...
loves horses...
she is an artist as well.
she gave these to us...
The right picture actually looks like our horse River.
 I also love her visits.

Tuesday Jayden came over to help me...
She is a work horse, a pretty work horse!
She did a lot of running up and down the hills to the garden and back for me...
I and my knee were so grateful...
She basically planted the whole garden with a little assistance from me...
Stan did the tomatoes.
I don't think I could have done all of that. 
 The tomatoes are in the black tires at the left of the garden...
I don't like to grow tomatoes...our growing season isn't long enough.
Stan wanted tomatoes...
So I said he would have to plant and care for them!
He is doing good so far!

Angie Sierra and Reigan helped me Saturday...
I cleaned the house...
Angie sewed her jamie's for mutual...
Seirra cleaned the basement.
Then we went out and cut the dead vines I have been working so hard to kill!
In killing all the vines I killed all the ground cover as well. 
 We will see what happens.  
Monday we are having a grandkid work party and we will put cedar wood chips in this area...

I have been putting a lot of hours in on the yard...
as well as...
Fertilizer...
and...
Lots of...
WATER!

 It has finally started to grow and fill in places where it had died out...









 The patio is still my workshop...
Painting and repairing all the old...
Trying to make new...

Juniper at Sunset...
 Green wheat fields in the distance...
Sainfoin with it's pink blossoms in the front...

Decisions Determine Destinies...
He who cannot abide the Celestial law here cannot abide the Celestial Kingdom later.

No comments: