I remember one very early morning driving to Twin Falls to attend the temple.
In the skies above me was a full moon showing through some dark clouds.
From the upper side the dark clouds looked glorious...
A small peek of Heaven.
Thus it is with life...
If it seems dark...
Remember on the other side the light shines.
There are many things going on in life right now.
It could look dark and ominous....
But it doesn't!
The Lord is in the mix and He is mindful of all of us...
No matter how small or insignificant we may feel.
No matter how dark a situation...
It could be worse...
We could be without the Lord...
How terrible would that be?
I started this week with a bang...
Well..
A limping bang anyway...
Started another huge flower bed...
Sprayed some weeds...
And kept the watering going.
THEN!
Tuesday evening...
My knee that was bothering me so much the last couple of days...
Helped me decide I wouldn't walk to the hydrant to turn the water off...
I would run into the sprinkler (uphill)...
And turn it off with the hose connector with an on off switch on it.
I took off...
Then realizing it was just going back and forth and not in a full circle...
I poured on the steam...
I felt something POP in my knee...
I went down.
BUT...
I went down on the back side of the sprinkler...
I didn't get wet! :-)
BUT the pain I felt was enough to make me almost pass out.
I got the water turned off and rested there for a moment...
I tried to get up...
Nope!
So I crawled to an a small shovel...
I used it to lean on...
I got up and tried to walk.
OUCH!
NOPE!
BUT there was a bench there...
I sat.
So here I was on the backside of the house back by the pump house.
Stan and Steve were loading the grain truck on the back side of the shed.
They had ear plugs in.
No matter what I couldn't yell over that.
The UPS man (Jim) came into the yard.
He didn't hear me.
So I sat...
feeling very alone, small...
and yes...
afraid.
Finally Bryce (nephew) came into the yard on a motor bike.
Ben came in with his pickup.
They heard me.
Ben is such a hero.
He actually picked me up...
And...
Carried me into the house.
Well...
My little insignificant self changed all the plans the men had for the evening.
Stan took me to the ER...
Nothing was broken.
YES!
BUT...
They put a brace on my leg...
And gave me crutches...
AND...
Was ordered off my leg for a week.
Okay...
Now my life had changed drastically.
(don't laugh...The apron is so I can carry things...Socks with flip flops...
My feet get cold)
The next morning...
an angel appeared at my door.
Ben once again.
He said he would set the water for me.
Steve said he would water the strawberries I just transplanted.
THEN...
Melissa came over with dinner.
WHAT?
She is so worried about her mom.
Then in the evening she came over to help me water.
All those things I planted will not die.
She was back in the morning...
To help me change the water.
THEN...
She brought dinner again...
AND
Her children helped me with the water...
While they went to the temple.
Stan has helped a lot.
I can't get completely dressed or undressed without his help.
This silly brace thing.
Chris and her family came Saturday morning.
I had been ignoring my house work...
It was livable but not good.
Angie cleaned the upstairs.
Jayden cleaned the downstairs.
Chris Sierra and Reigan cleaned up some branches for me...
and
all the tools and 'stuff' I left laying around Tuesday night.
What on earth would I do without all this love?
I am so grateful for family.
Dani, not pictured, her mom Melissa, dad Ben who have been such a huge help.
Monday I had Reigan all day, what a big help she was.
She helped again Saturday with hauling a lot of branches etc.
No she didn't wet her pants...
her bug juice jug full of water got sprayed at her.
Angie taking time from her busy schedule to help me clean...
Sierra..She hauled branches.
Jayden behind her mom Chris...
What a work horse.
Being Mother's day...
The little girl given to me by my family...
Stan has named her Audrey.
Last night I went out at sunset...
The yard was beautiful...
She was silhouetted against the sunset...
How touching and beautiful.
flowers started coming...
Even though family were to donate only to the statue...
The bow was on a loaf of Rye bread from Kneaders...
I had to display it...
Oriental Lillie's
Wild flowers from the hills behind the house...
From wonderful grandchildren.
Wednesday...
Stan took me to Logan for my eye appointment.
The doctor can't do anything for me...
He is sending me to a specialist at the U of U.
BUT..
Becky met up with us...
We had lunch at 'Noodle Company'.
Despite Melissa coming to wash my windows awhile ago...
the salt storms from the south have made a mess of them.
The first of May the swallows come back without fail.
They swoop and dive all over the place...
Invariably several will hit the windows.
They don't die, they aren't in the flower beds below the windows...
But this guy has to have a head ache...
Because of the salt on the window...
you can see just where he hit...
the wing span...
The body...
tail...
head...
And his eye!
I don't think this was a swallow...
Maybe a dove.
It is just the mark he left on the window.
I am able to do a lot of things on my own now that the pain has dulled.
I can do some of the watering...
I can prepare a meal...
If Stan gets all the ingredients for me...
(It saves about an hours time).
I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had broken a bone.
I am so grateful for angels that watch over me.
So this week I have had a glimpse of that silver lining...
The family...
The Lord...
The Gospel.
The grand objective of the Savior's gospel..
was summarized succinctly by President David O. McKay.
"The purpose of the gospel is...
to make bad men good
and good men better,
and to change human nature"
The journey of mortality is to progress from bad
to good
to better
and to experience the mighty change of heart---
to have our fallen natures changed.
(Elder Bednar April Ensign 2012)
No comments:
Post a Comment