Sunday, May 8, 2011

Missionaries are wonderful...

It is a privilege to work in the Mission Office...
Because...
Missionaries are amazing.
I never tire of them.
They are so fresh...
AND
Love the Lord
AND
Only want to do His work.
It is our job to help and support them in anyway we can.
I can't believe the Lord would trust us with this most awesome job.

Sister Jensen purchased a bike from a missionary that went home.
It doesn't work.
So Stan took it to Bike Works to get it repaired.
 Sister Davis with Stan.
 These sister share a car with Elder Motuliki and Velasco.
The week they don't have the car they ride bikes.
The Elders were willing to ride bikes until the bike was fixed.
They are really watching out for the sisters.  

Elder Brandenburg, Wood and Shelley
Hunters Creek West Side Elders
 Wednesday evening we ate at Romano's Macaroni Grill
 I really think this place had the best food I have tasted. 
I dream about it - it was so good.

Friday morning we got a call from Afghanistan.
Stan visited for a little bit...
But the soldier called to talk with Mom.
It is Mother's Day.
We had a wonderful 1 hour visit.
WOW.
It warms my heart to know Joe is okay.
He is...
Well he is HIM.
What a treat.

Elder and Sister James, Sister Schow Sister and Elder Campbell
 While I was on the phone Sister Schow came back for a visit. She went home just before Christmas.
It is always such a treat to see them again and see how successful and happy they are.

We got a call a few weeks ago.
Elder Schow who went home the same time as Sister Schow...
was going on a date with Sister Campbell...
He is from Tooele, she is from Sandy.
Who knows.
We get wedding announcements all the time.
What a joy to know they are all doing so well.

Elder Capps, once our office Elder, sent his Fuel reports and Stake Correlation Report.
His sense of humor and artistic abilities keep coming back to us.


We went to church and sat in approximately the same place we usually do.
Our place was taken by these two sisters..Sister Steffanie her mom Lisa and husband Chris Wright
We shook hands the Wrights we know..
The other sister is her mom... Steffanie introduced us.
Pretty soon Lisa tapped us on the shoulder.
She asked where are you from?
I said Idaho.
She asked 'Malta?'
We both looked at each other and said 'why yes!'
She said she was Lisa Jones, Glendon Jone's daughter.
Okay then I recognized her.
What a small world.
She gave us the run down on her family and it was great to get caught up.
 Stehffanie Wright and her mom Lisa


A rose like this one was given each mom after Sacrament meeting.
The Young Men also handed out candy bars....
...had to pass on that one.

Then this is what came for me at the office Friday.
Thank you Rice Family.

Mothers hold in their hearts what grows too big for their arms.

No comments: