ORANGE BLOSSOMS....
Oh how I wish the picture carried the fragrance.
'Now that is something we could live with'
Stan's exact words...
Begonias
They are taking out the pansies violas and petunias...
Cypress are greening up again, so pretty...
The actual needles, so delicate.
The living flowers and dead trees...
Life and Death...
Winter and Spring...
Old and new...
Speaking of old and new...
Elder Moore new assistant...
Elder Hyer going home..
Elder Rydalch continuity.
That was who was at my Sunday dinner table last week.
We will see you in 11 months my boy....
Becky take good care of this guy,
HE IS A KEEPER!
The Dox is back...
Elder Doxey came to visit his mission with his parents...
He was right back to his fun and games.
Brother and Sister Doxey.
He is Vice President of Southern Virginia University.
They moved to Virginia just before 'Max' came on his mission and became the...
Infamous Elder Doxey.
Max will be going to school at Utah State University.
Elder Cody Hyer and Maxwell in the same place may be dangerous.
Wish you could see his short pants and plaid shoes.
What a guy.
14 new missionaries...
Eight are sisters...
We have had many sisters go home recently.
This bunch of 'greenies' are amazing and alert and ready to go.
Elder Jensen East side gained a new companion this transfer...
it was Elder Whitworth..
I don't have a picture,
How did I miss that one?
Elder Capps captured this on his camera and transferred it to mine.
Is Elder Campbell feeling his oats..
Or oozing for a bruising?
Elder Capps is the quiet sort...
But has a very fun disposition
He downloaded these next two pictures from his camera as he gave me the one of Stan above.
Elder Shelly and Wood..
At the Cracker Barrel...
I left my camera on the table when I went to pay.
Elder Wood took mine and Elder Shelly's picture.
Elder Shelly in all his glory...
Rock is Elder Shelly and Woods neighbor.
He has this remote car he is always working on.
Elder Campbell and Wood and Shelly have visited with him enough...
that he and his girlfriend want to come to church next week.
They would have been there this week..
BUT that clock change got them.
It is difficult at times to keep up with all the paper work and mail.
Reports are due the 3rd of the month.
Transfers and Orientation and FUN
The mail has been held from Friday to Tuesday so we can get it to them at their right address after transfers and greenies get settled.
I have been asked to write up the history for 2010.
Sister Freeman got a good start on it before she transferred.
Stan needs some help with keeping track of the fuel cards.
By Friday...I had things a little more under control.
Elder Jensen East side gained a new companion this transfer...
it was Elder Whitworth..
I don't have a picture,
How did I miss that one?
Elder Capps finishing the banana bars...
If you haven't tried that recipe I sent you don't know what you are missing.
Elder Capps captured this on his camera and transferred it to mine.
Is Elder Campbell feeling his oats..
Or oozing for a bruising?
Elder Capps is the quiet sort...
But has a very fun disposition
He downloaded these next two pictures from his camera as he gave me the one of Stan above.
Elder Shelly and Wood..
At the Cracker Barrel...
I left my camera on the table when I went to pay.
Elder Wood took mine and Elder Shelly's picture.
Elder Shelly in all his glory...
Rock is Elder Shelly and Woods neighbor.
He has this remote car he is always working on.
Elder Campbell and Wood and Shelly have visited with him enough...
that he and his girlfriend want to come to church next week.
They would have been there this week..
BUT that clock change got them.
It is difficult at times to keep up with all the paper work and mail.
Reports are due the 3rd of the month.
Transfers and Orientation and FUN
The mail has been held from Friday to Tuesday so we can get it to them at their right address after transfers and greenies get settled.
I have been asked to write up the history for 2010.
Sister Freeman got a good start on it before she transferred.
Stan needs some help with keeping track of the fuel cards.
By Friday...I had things a little more under control.
When the missionaries came in for Transfers they took a lot of the mail with them.
On the back of a letter sent to a missionary.
Thought a lot of you would appreciate the cuteness of it.
We had an opportunity to visit with Elder Fullmer this last week.
His bike died as has others...
We took him a loaner till his folks can get him a new bike.
I called him and asked if I could tell his story.
He has struggled with confidence and attitude for a very long time.
When President had him do sit ups in the office one day (17)
He challenged him to do one more every day.
He has.
He is in the 70's now and continuing upward.
Elder Carter, a Morgan Utah boy, became his companion..
He kept Elder Fullmer to it.
Elder Fullmer is riding bikes now in Clermont area,
about the only place in Florida you will find hills.
His attitude and self confidence has sored...
the spirit radiated from his face...
Elder Carter has only praise for him.
As we visited with him it was evident that he has started to really blossom...
The moral of the story is...
Anything is possible...
one step..
and one day at a time.
(Elder Carter is related to Blair Carter, thought Dorothy and Don would appreciate that)
We invited Elder Spilsbury and Pratt to dinner Saturday night.
I mentioned to the Assistants we were having Pot Roast Saturday night,
Their favorite...
So Elder Rydalch and Moore called me Saturday afternoon and invited themselves to dinner.
Glad I cook for a crowd...
We didn't have much of anything left over when they were done.
It is fun to take the missionaries out to dinner...
but it is so hard to visit.
Yes it is very hard to cook and expensive as well...
BUT...
They appreciate eating in a home environment...
as well as comfort food.
Elders Pratt and Spilsbury are Spanish Elders...
They don't get 'white' food...
So they love it so much.
A little bit of home.
We have had some very refreshing rain...
and beautiful weather this week
A person who knows how to forgive...
Knows Christ like love.
President Monson said:
Our opportunities to give of ourselves are indeed limitless,...
But
they are also Perishable.
1 comment:
wow Dad, that's a pretty sweet ride...emphisis on the pretty :)
Post a Comment