The President has this in his office.
I researched it to see what the history of it really was.
The original picture, not as nice as this, was taken about 1917 in and underground mineshaft.
The horse was totally blind, as were all such horses due to the lifetime in total darkness.
Ross Taylor, who did this picture said:
"It is the most impressive image I have ever seen.
It depicts the American way of life and the effort it took our forefathers to build this great country.
Often, when I have been discouraged and despondent beyond words, I have looked at this picture and said to myself,
'I will pull it one more mile.'
With that attitude in mind and with an average amount of intelligence, any person can certainly make a success of their life in this land of free enterprise."
President Hall keeps it on his desk to remind him of what He Can Do.
MONDAY MORNING...
Elder Doxey stormed the office...
with a Nerf gun...
shot sister James in the chest and scared her out of her whits....
Sister Homer was good at holding her own.
I took it and shot Elder Doxey...
actually I emptied the gun on him.
Stan got Sister Higgenson a new bike seat..
and you would have thought she won the Lottery.
She and Sister Schow had their lunch in their little red lunch box..
They sat down and ate their lunch with us.
The storms cleared off the coast and allowed the clouds back in and we had a chance to get our own rain cycle back.
But no chance...
Little Paula as she was called...
Turned and took our moisture with her.
It is beautiful weather - low 80's...
low humidity...
The air conditioning went off Saturday and we opened the door.
Beautiful weather...
But there is a red flag up today because things are so dry.
How fast things change.
Thursday...
Elder Doxey and Dyer ( Elder Hyer on splits)
riding on the van steps to the shed so they could help put the back seat in the van sooo...
We could take them and the East and West Elders to dinner.
(We have to have the Zone Leader's permission to take more then one companionship to dinner at the same time and they gave permission if they could go too.)
Steak and Shake is a good place to eat.
They actually have a great selection of salads.
They all had mountain size 'steak' burgers and a shake.
Friday night the Assistants Doxey and Hyer coned us into dinner at Panera bread.
Don't know how they do it but they do it well.
I also dry cleaned Elder Wilks suit (dryall)
Washed two white shirts that were going to find the trash.
I promised I could get them clean.
I did.
I do a lot of that.
Then Elder Doxey needed a hair cut but didn't have time to come to the appartment so he conned me into going back to the apartment for my clippers to cut his hair in the office.
That was just before they conned us into dinner.
They are great.
Their schedule is crazy..
They don't have time to take care of shopping for food and eating.
The least we can do is feed them once in awhile.
Stan is learning his computer programs and getting a system with the office Elders to help him.
The car that didn't sell last Friday...
Sold this Friday.
Poor Elder Schmeil and Machado Lopez and Montgomery...
Full Bike.
Of course Stan drives missionaries...
loads the bikes and unloads bikes,
and keeps track of all the Missionaries cars and Bikes.
Drives them to the outer limits of their area so they don't have to use their car miles.
Yikes!!
After Steak and Shake...
The East Elders had a meeting at the church but needed their bikes.
So we loaded three bikes and three Elders and a Senior couple into the Mission Van
Not an easy task, they could almost have biked to the church in the time we loaded them up.
In the back
Elder Lewis (Green)
Elder Schow (Office Geek)
Elder Wilks up front (District Leader and Trainer)
Another sign of fall.
At the close of a perfect day....
"The discipline contained in daily obedience and clean living and wholesome lives builds an armor around you of protection that beset you as you proceed through mortality."
-Elder L. Tom Perry-
No comments:
Post a Comment