We started this journey March 8 2010
With a grand Juniper Salute we headed for Provo.
Standing in front of the large world map at the Mission Training Center
We walked down this hall with many of our children as we wished them good-by.
There were a lot of different emotions as we walked down that long hall on our own journey.
There were wonderful people to care for us, especially the young elders. They carried trays, opened doors and saw to our comfort in every way. The teachers, very young themselves, but they were return missionaries and wonderful in caring for us and they had so much patience as we struggled to learn and do what they asked us to do. They were tough and wouldn't let us slack at all.
A good Juniper Salute from Mary and kids
March 12 was our last day at the MTC and we met Mary's family in Cedar Fort to say our last good-byes to Nick Ruth and Audrey. It is a very peaceful place, one that we enjoy visiting when ever we are down that way.
Farewell for 23 months kids!
Saturday March 13 we made it to Canon City Colorado. Esther and family were at the church for an ice cream social so they came to the motel to visit.
The next morning we went to church with them and had dinner and played games and visited. It was a wonderful experience.
It did snow all day and laid down several inches of the white stuff as a farewell to us.
The next morning we stopped to say goodbye--That is when I remembered I didn't take pictures of the kids yesterday, bummer. But we did get Esther and Bingham and Phil
AND the chickens!
The next few days were a blurrrrrrrr! One state after another, one Motel after another. It was all beautiful and inspiring to go through these states and see mountains, prairies, rolling hills, farm land, industrial, and lush growth with rivers ponds and lakes. Sorry no Wizard in Kansas or tornadoes.
I lost my camera in here somewhere and thought I left it in a motel, calling back to them none of them had it and I thought, ya sure! The non trusting me of course.
But to my embarrassment I found it yesterday in my purse along with everything else under the sun. Oh well, hopefully I can still get pictures of the Mission Home and President and wife today.
What a wonderful ward we are in. There is every nationality imaginable, every accent dialect and color of skin. They are friendly and extremely talented and diversified as well as strong in their testimonies. They love Elder and Sister Darrington who are leaving Wednesday and there were tears and promises of writing etc. While we were sitting in Sacrament meeting I wondered if we would ever get to know these people and fit in and at that point and time I received an over whelming feeling of love for them. What a gift from my Heavenly Father.
The Darrington's invited us over for dinner after church so we could have a reprieve from our 'dig' and to see where we were going to live. It is small but very spacious after living in this place. They said they had eight sleep on their front room floor. There are air beds and extra bedding, so feel welcome to visit. The Mission President said our first obligation was to our kid and grandchildren. So with that said you are welcome to visit.
Friday morning was our first day here and we found this long term Motel. InTown Suits. Well it is nicer then some the other seniors have lived in but it leaves a lot to be desired. But we are happy and seem to be getting along fine without all our 'Stuff'.
What a wonderful ward we are in. There is every nationality imaginable, every accent dialect and color of skin. They are friendly and extremely talented and diversified as well as strong in their testimonies. They love Elder and Sister Darrington who are leaving Wednesday and there were tears and promises of writing etc. While we were sitting in Sacrament meeting I wondered if we would ever get to know these people and fit in and at that point and time I received an over whelming feeling of love for them. What a gift from my Heavenly Father.
The Darrington's invited us over for dinner after church so we could have a reprieve from our 'dig' and to see where we were going to live. It is small but very spacious after living in this place. They said they had eight sleep on their front room floor. There are air beds and extra bedding, so feel welcome to visit. The Mission President said our first obligation was to our kid and grandchildren. So with that said you are welcome to visit.
Friday morning was our first day here and we found this long term Motel. InTown Suits. Well it is nicer then some the other seniors have lived in but it leaves a lot to be desired. But we are happy and seem to be getting along fine without all our 'Stuff'.
Dad puts things in perspective.
Good bye for tonight.
Good bye for tonight.
4 comments:
Good to hear from you & see pictures! Would love some from the Rodeo down there...but I think your camera was still lost. Miss ya & love ya!
I'm giddy with excitement for you guys. So is that like 2 1/2 weeks living more or less out of your suitcase? I'm sure you'll be settled in and in complete control in no time :) Love you!
Congrats, you will learn things faster when you actually do the work and find your own way to do the job. I think you will both do great, and I am not worried for you one bit.
Love you
Love that picture of dad...looks like a real missionary apartment! It will feel so good to get in your own place. We really love keeping up with what you're doing.
Post a Comment