Well we are nearing the starting point of our mission. This last week we accomplished a lot of what was on our many lists. It feels good to have these things taken care of. For instance. We have been working on our will/trust for many years. Our children finally nailed us down and Stan and I signed a lot of official papers Wednesday and I guess it is now a reality. We spent a lot of money in a lot of stores Wednesday getting Stan set for his mission and other things we both will need.
Stan is trying to clean his office but he keeps finding important things he needs to tie up before we leave, at least get them so the children can deal with them so his 'office project' is a slow work in progress.
I have done a lot of packing up of things that would ordinarily need to be taken care of. Also food in the cupboards that can be stored downstairs where it is cooler. Friday I made a trip to Richfield Utah to visit my Aunt Edna and Uncle Bryant. I spent a couple of delightful hours with just them then my cousin Susan and I headed for St George. Here we visited with our Uncle Bob and Aunt Louise and spent an hour or so with them. Both couples are not getting any younger and both have health issues. I don't know if they will be here when we get back. Stan says I traveled 1000 miles in that trip. If so I enjoyed the whole day immensely. It was just a minute in time that I am very grateful that I took.
We got a list of things that are in our apartment in Orlando that we do not need to take with us, that was reassuring.
Visiting with Sister Darrington, was good (The Darrington's are the couple we are replacing). She let me know how things were there. Senior couple are treated in a very different manner then the youngsters. We can even swim in the apartment pool. That is exciting, after sitting at a desk all day that will feel pretty nice.
The people at the MTC called Friday to verify our date and arrival time
The Stake president called Saturday to make a date for our setting apart.
Today at church everyone was talking about it and it really seems like it is getting real.
We are using our living room to lay things out and there is beginning to be a lot of stuff and it all needs to be organized. What we can't fit in I guess we will leave behind. I have those space bags that should compress a lot of the soft things and that should help.
A lot of things are going through my mind right now. Brenda Darrington reported her mission today and talked about the sacrifice and trials she had. I really hope we have those so that we can feel the spirit of serving and building the kingdom. I hope there is plenty of time for the temple. I hope that I can learn then things I need to do and don't make many mistakes. I would hate to lose a referral or a missionary :-( !!!!
Merrill Nelson gave us a talk by Elder Featherstone (emeritus) about missionary work, he quoted President Joseph F Smith in this talk. Stan just read the following to me, I will close with it.
After we have done all that we can do for the cause of truth, and withstood the evil that men have brought upon us, .... it is still our duty to stand. We cannot give up; we must not lie down. Great causes are not won in a single generation. To stand firm in the face of overwhelming opposition, when you have done all you can, is the courage of faith. The courage of faith is the courage of progress. Men who possess that divine quality go on; they are not permitted to stand still if they would. They are not simply the creatures of their own power and wisdom; they are instrumentalities of higher law and a divine purpose. (Pres Joseph F Smith)
3 comments:
Great update...here we are, one week to go. Let us help you. Sounds like you got it pretty organized.
Nice quote...powerful stuff. Good luck with the last few days:)
Nice quote. I think about all that is going on in the world right now and think of the strength of the message you carry...amazing stuff. You'll do great. And the blog looks great!
Post a Comment